Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Poor road repairs following cnow and ice

On 9 Jan 2011 at 7:54pm Applecart wrote:
Following the recent snow and ice there are the usual pot holes appearing on the roads. Imagine my surprise when I saw a pothole in my street being repaired last Wednesday, although not as surprised as I was when I drove over it yesterday and it nearly took my wheel off. The tar used to fill in the hole is already broken up and has been taken off the road so as not to kill someone from flying tarmac.
So there you have it - poor repairs that cost more as repairs need to be repaired again. All because our cr@p council employs incompetent workmen.

On 9 Jan 2011 at 8:28pm MC wrote:
Or buys crap materials

On 10 Jan 2011 at 8:33am wanderer wrote:
my potholes dont come out !! but hey I dont do council roads and my are nice n flat

On 12 Jan 2011 at 8:55pm popeye wrote:
Just come up Church lane and nearly bust my suspension on two deep potholes. Would be interesting to know if you could claim from the council if you do any damage to your vehicle as a result of this.

On 12 Jan 2011 at 9:25pm jonnyboy wrote:
Yes you can. Check out Potholes.co.uk

On 13 Jan 2011 at 9:55am popeye wrote:
Cheers jonnyboy.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

waterloo badge 128:132
waterloo badge

Eddi: Amazon delivered your parcels to us today you've got the wrong address in your account.

Please let me know what you... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the walk along the ouse to Hamsey church, the view from the top of the Castle, Pells pool, the antique shops and boot fair, the lion in the window of the 15c bookshop, keere street
BrixtonBelle