Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Police- why?

On 6 Mar 2018 at 5:47pm Cathy wrote:
Between Ringmer and Raystede- 3 police cars, one unmarked flashing car and at least 5 armed police ....????
On 6 Mar 2018 at 6:13pm SHS wrote:
Also at Lewes railways station - 5 or 6 police cars.
On 6 Mar 2018 at 6:14pm Tiddles wrote:
A fully armed persian cat called Jihadi has escaped from the compound. The end of human world domination is nigh.
On 6 Mar 2018 at 6:43pm Harold wrote:
Group of yobs half beat a drunk to death outside the Rail station,Scum.
On 6 Mar 2018 at 7:48pm Pedant wrote:
Half beat a drunk to death Harold? Do you mean Beat a drunk half to death?
On 6 Mar 2018 at 8:02pm Harold wrote:
Oh sorry !! I`m sure he was worrying about my grammar as the boots went in, Dick Head!!
On 6 Mar 2018 at 8:12pm @pedant wrote:
If your so bleeding clever, why don't you fix world poverty or something useful. Dick head indeed.
On 6 Mar 2018 at 8:13pm Deja Vu wrote:
Wtf is going on in Lewes these days?
Stabbing and half kicking to death, have I made a mistake and come on the Lewisham forums?
On 6 Mar 2018 at 8:16pm @deja vu wrote:
And the man arrested near Tesco the other day with Ďsuspectí items
On 6 Mar 2018 at 8:44pm Let's all move to wrote:
Hailsham. And still go on the Lewes forum to claim outrage.
On 6 Mar 2018 at 8:55pm He Said wrote:
......"Maybe it's a case of the grass is greener, but I really feel Lewes has had its day and I'm looking forward to a better (and flatter) location.
I just like to thank all those that have kept me entertained with the odd ball forum posts over the last few years, fortunately my new town doesn't have a forum, so I'm having to retire my keyboard."
Retire my keyboard?
On 6 Mar 2018 at 9:46pm Deja Vu wrote:
Hey I'm not judging what you get up to in Lewes these days. Just pleased I moved out a few days before the ied, stabbing and the kicking the man half to death incidents.
Good luck selling your houses at premium prices (I did alright).
I am still subscribed to the Facebook and was pretty shocked to see yet another fine example of what makes Britain great kicking off in Lewes.
No need to be hostile, you'll only spur me on to trolling you even more.
On 6 Mar 2018 at 9:52pm Ferret wrote:
It's sad that a nice town like Lewes has any kind of crime, but Hailsham is not exactly a crime free zone, is it?

Check it out here »
On 6 Mar 2018 at 9:55pm Ferret wrote:
If that link doesn't work, here's another.

Check it out here »
On 6 Mar 2018 at 10:06pm Let's all move to wrote:
Trolling? Get real. Sold your house at a premium but everyone else missed out? Get real. Enjoy hailsham.
On 6 Mar 2018 at 10:07pm Hailsham wrote:
Chav central
On 6 Mar 2018 at 10:29pm Howleweshaschanged wrote:
Horrible place to live these days always violence drugs being sold and consumed in all the pubs all changed since I was living here
On 6 Mar 2018 at 10:52pm Katy wrote:
I asked a genuine question and just got a load of puerile bs back. Pathetic.
On 7 Mar 2018 at 7:16am Uptown Monk wrote:
Katy - if youíve got proper questions I would put them to the Lewes Present group on Facebook. Because this forum is anonymous it is basically just full of bored people winding each other up.
On 7 Mar 2018 at 7:28am Katy or Cathy ? wrote:
or just another troll ?
On 7 Mar 2018 at 7:39am Cassidy five nine wrote:
Oh dear! This is not good for the tourist trade of Lewis.
On 7 Mar 2018 at 9:09am Downtown Nun wrote:
You're dead right there Monk . But it's an amusing pastime
On 7 Mar 2018 at 10:13am Tom wrote:
Is there a news article for this anywhere?
On 7 Mar 2018 at 12:08pm Deja Vu wrote:
You should check the full stats ferret, employment higher than Lewes, benefits lower, crime lower, it's pretty damning reading and of course that was before the terrorist event, the stabbing and the half murder.
I can't fault Horsebridge so far, major upgrade on Lewes.
On 7 Mar 2018 at 1:58pm @Deja Vu wrote:
Not true. Hailsham violent crimes per head of population higher than Lewes.
On 7 Mar 2018 at 2:25pm Deja Vu wrote:
Everything I said is true, crime stats are one of the reasons I wanted to move out of Lewes. I only lived there 4 years and the police asked me to be a witness in court 3 times. I would go as far as to say I've seen more violence in Lewes than anywhere else I have lived (and that includes Croydon).

Check it out here »
On 7 Mar 2018 at 2:49pm Marco wrote:
Ever tried strolling from West Croydon to Thornton Heath at any time day or night?? More violence in Lewes..,do behave that post above is nonsense. I lived in Croydon for 25 years. Itís a shame but it is a dangerous place.
On 7 Mar 2018 at 3:08pm Deja Vu wrote:
Actually Marco I live there from 1972 until 1985, I stand by my statement. Irrelevant one of my colleagues now lives in new addiscombe (for the last 6 years) and hasn't seen any violence, where as I saw two assaults and several arguments involving the police in my 4 years of Lewes. Tell me I'm wrong all you like, but I'm not selling it, it's a fact.
On 7 Mar 2018 at 3:51pm Nigel wrote:
Dijavu, I wouldn't that if your witnessing all this violence you are pretty connected to it or involved in it. I never see any and i go out a lot. I think your a bit of a joke really from your posts.
On 7 Mar 2018 at 6:17pm Marco wrote:
Hey Deja Vu....can you tell me where New Addiscombe is? Iím familiar with New Addington (went to school near there) and Iím familiar with Addiscombe (worked there) but New Addiscombe, no...are you sure your not making stuff up are you really a 12 year old keyboard warrior or just another person whoís never been out of Sussex???
On 7 Mar 2018 at 6:23pm @Deja Vu wrote:
If you live near the Volunteer or the Lamb, you are likely to see a bit of trouble. But two assaults and a couple of arguments in 4 years doesn't add up to much. Try living in Hailsham centre for 4 years before you comment again.

On 7 Mar 2018 at 6:50pm Deja Vu wrote:
Actually I liked in west wickham so tried to avoid both areas.
As I said already though it's irrelevant what happens there, the fact is crime and violent crime are both higher in Lewes area than the Wealden area, so you don't have a point to make.

On 7 Mar 2018 at 8:24pm @Deja Vu wrote:
You've certainly widened your range. "Lewes Area" is a lot wider than Lewes town, and Wealden area is not Hailsham town is it? Hailsham has always been rougher than Lewes, and still is.
On 7 Mar 2018 at 8:33pm Sunshine wrote:
What bs @dejavu
Coming from a South London, Lewes crime is incomparable. You're definitely on a wind up

On 7 Mar 2018 at 10:48pm Hailsham masif wrote:
Dejavu. Blood innit. Watch ya back yard and u is in innit. No tools yet blood innit. Lewes Boyz is batyman

On 8 Mar 2018 at 8:09am Deja Vu wrote:
I'm not widening my range at all (pretty funny accusation after Ferret dropped in a link for east hailsham) unfortunately the police have better things to do than reporting crime on a street by street basis, so the area covers what it covers.
I know it sucks when someone drops in a link that shows the opposite of what you're saying but Hailsham has less crime and less violent crime than Lewes.

On 8 Mar 2018 at 9:28am Staying in wrote:
There will be a spike in violence since you moved in.

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Bill Lewes 10:132
Bill Lewes

Well it looks as if I can jet off soon , none of the loud mouths with nothing behind them have anything to say, all piss and wind... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy