Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Planning Application SDNP/15/01303/FUL

On 13 Apr 2015 at 9:46pm Matt Kent wrote:
Hi, if you are interested, there is still an opportunity to comment on the proposed 79 dwellings (up from 53) on Mayhew Way, Malling. There should be a link to the SDNPA planning portal to lodge your comments / objections / support etc. Type in SDNP/15/01303/FUL to view the documents. Closing date is 15th April.

Check it out here »
On 14 Apr 2015 at 5:50am townie wrote:
Looks quite nice to me.
On 14 Apr 2015 at 8:14am Fairmeadow wrote:
Welcome back Matt. Last time there were no affordables, but there were new commercial units, which were probably never going to be built.
Now that we have the Malling Brooks commercial site (yet to be built) and also the site formerly earmarked for the Tesco extension back on the market (really suitable only for commercial), might it be sensible to ask for more affordables on the Mayhew Way site, instead of the commercial element?
On 14 Apr 2015 at 8:41am Uncle Joseph wrote:
Lovely architectural style however . Harks back to the golden age of gulags.
On 14 Apr 2015 at 9:10am Albert Square wrote:
Does anyone know what happened about the Tesco extension? Lewes desperately needs somewhere selling cheap clothes that those on a normal salary can afford.

On 14 Apr 2015 at 9:33am trooper wrote:
"Albert Square" Ref Tesco extension, it will not happen. Tesco are selling land they own as fast as they can, to attempt to recover their finances,also there are at least two superstores fully built that they are not going to open, so I think the chances of an extension in Lewes is nil.
On 14 Apr 2015 at 1:40pm Fairmeadow wrote:
Trooper is right. Tesco Lewes expansion plans are abandoned. The site has been quietly marketed and is currently 'under offer'. It has laid derelict for over 5 years now. Don't hold your breath for anything new to happen there, but if Lewes does need more commercial space anytime, it is suitable and available. At the moment commercial space in Lewes is not easy to sell - except at the give-away rents the Phoenix tenants have been benefitting from over the past few years.
In the mean time, which could well be several more years, how about a bit more cheap car parking - as at Aldi in the period before they got round to building the store?
On 14 Apr 2015 at 2:16pm Matt Kent wrote:
This planning application will be discussed along with Santons North Street application from 7pm at the Town Hall. I'm sure this meeting promises to be busy and long.
On 14 Apr 2015 at 9:24pm Matt Kent wrote:
This planning application, along with the Santon North Street proposal, was objected to by Lewes Town Council Planning Committee tonight. Sadly very little interest from the local press or the public.
On 15 Apr 2015 at 8:02am Poke wrote:
good job too, such a clone town scheme, something to keep an eye on though.
I wonder who benefits As Santon owners are allegedly registered offshore so no tax is paid to the UK.....that makes me very cross, all these huge corporations not paying taax

On 15 Apr 2015 at 10:55am Belladonna wrote:
Could I suggest that council meeting (town, district and country) be advertised on this website and that of Viva Lewes?

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Downward dog 33:132
Downward dog

Get a cat? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes