Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Place your bets

On 12 Dec 2018 at 3:57pm bored2 wrote:
Theresa May. Will she stay or will she go?
Also, will Corbyn finally submit a vote of no confidence after the result?
On 12 Dec 2018 at 4:13pm Earl of Lewess wrote:
If only. They're both equally mediocre, but seem to be bulletproof.
On 12 Dec 2018 at 4:28pm Green Sleeves wrote:
She will "win" the vote tonight but her days are numbered. Her brexit deal is still highly unlikely to get through parliament so she is just delaying the inevitable.
On 12 Dec 2018 at 4:30pm endoftheouse wrote:
May will survive this vote but only just and still she will not be able to pass the Brexit deal. Labour don't have a clue how to deal with Brexit apart from trying to please every voter in the UK, I can see the yellow vests coming to our streets soon.
On 12 Dec 2018 at 4:39pm bored2 wrote:
Her winning but going later (after brexit bill failure) is a popular view. I don't quite get it though.

If she survives today then a succesful no confidence vote could well lead to a labour government or coalition. Will conservative MPs take that risk? I think they'll hold their noses and vote for her in that situation. Throw a few more bribes the DUPs way too.
On 12 Dec 2018 at 5:35pm Mark wrote:
I think that we're in for a further period of her Strong and Stable leadership. They'll hold their noses.

On 12 Dec 2018 at 9:54pm king of sussex wrote:
So they think she can actually build a submarine out of cheese?
On 13 Dec 2018 at 8:03am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I don't think there's any appetite on either side for a GE just now.

I think an amendment will be approved that means there will be a 2nd referendumn on the deal v remain.

If the outcome is to have the deal, May will stay on and have to deal with the start of the transition. If it's a disaster, then she and the Tories will get the blame (as will the voters!).

If it's not accepted, she'll withdraw A50 and then the question will have been put to bed for a few years, because the people have had their say.

Either way, May will step down and let someone else lead the party into the 2022 GE.

Either way,the"Grieve amendment" will be in the history books in years to come.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes pottery 75:132
Lewes pottery

Ah but if they came on your land the owners would be trespassing. Cats are the worst offenders and seagulls, do they aim at cars? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa