Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Pizza delivery driver vacancy crucial omission

On 27 Oct 2014 at 8:45am been there done that. wrote:
Any vehicle used for takeaway delivery is required to be insured for such, normal trade and domestic insurance policies DO NOT cover the driver or vehicle, reason a private vehicle is being used for hire or reward. delivery insurance policies are difficult to find and I am aware of only one broker offering them at a rate of 300 per year extra on a driver with a 20 year clean license with no endorsements This type of insurance is expensive due to the high number of dubious immigrant drivers working our towns and cities. Minimum wage rules apply. although the majority of the south east takeaway industry pay no attention to that either.

On 27 Oct 2014 at 10:39am Pizza face wrote:
Try a company called QBE they can boost a standard policy to cover hire and reward for delivery s , not taxi work ,
On 27 Oct 2014 at 6:00pm Sussex Jim wrote:
A point well made. My van is specifically insured for business use: to carry tools and materials in my own trade. It is NOT insured to carry other peoples' goods- should I decide to moonlight delivering pizzas.
My car is also insured for business use, so that I can drive out in it to look at a job at weekends. You must take insurance seriously.

On 29 Oct 2014 at 6:35am Dull Dan wrote:
Thank you for that gem Jim. I'll be sure to take insurance seriously from now on.

33 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes busker 60:132
Lewes busker

The elected government is taking the correct attitude towards the BBC: by-pass it. By communicating directly through social media... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine