Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Pictorial Meadows

On 22 Feb 2012 at 8:42pm fleur wrote:
Just watching the bee thing on BBC2 - get your seeds here:

Check it out here »

On 22 Feb 2012 at 11:46pm Dingo wrote:
A great program. How would we go about getting Lewes council to start planting these plants on grass verges and the like?The Landports verges look very sterile. it would be great to see them full of meadow flowers.

On 23 Feb 2012 at 12:57am Southover Queen wrote:
Careful: it's all a communist conspiracy. Bee societies are clearly just a metaphor for the stealthy left to infiltrate your consciousness with Marxist propaganda.

On 23 Feb 2012 at 1:51am AYATOLLAH HOGMANNY wrote:
SQ, so flowers are a communist conspiracy, when was the last time you were in a communist state, flowers were the last thing on their mind, getting the citizens a better life came first before pretty grass verges!!!!

On 23 Feb 2012 at 12:35pm Southover Queen wrote:
It was a JOKE, AH. Never mind.

On 23 Feb 2012 at 1:05pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
Grass meadows and wildflower borders are a great idea and was beginning to be used to brighten up run down areas of London - I think particularly in Hackney - about four years ago. It's simple and cheap and so much more 'natural' than bedding plants.

On 23 Feb 2012 at 3:51pm Dingo wrote:
They also cost far less to maintain than conventional borders and verges so in these cash strapped times I would have thought they were a no brainer?let`s put retrain a coupleof gardeners as beekeepers, put beehives on the verges and borders and it`s Lewes Honey on sale at the tourist office!Who says i`m anti enterprise!

On 5 Mar 2012 at 9:56pm Steve Alton wrote:
We have experience of just this sort of project (working with Brighton and Lambeth at the moment). And we're local (Ardingly). Let us know if we can help.
Steve

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

lewes railway land 76:132
lewes railway land

such a bent protest more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT