Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Picnics

On 10 May 2017 at 2:11pm Lewes Landlady wrote:
Can anyone recommend someone that would supply picnics for Glyndebourne please - other than Leiths at Glyndebourne itself! I don't know any businesses in town that still do them. Thank you
On 10 May 2017 at 3:08pm Precis wrote:
Bluedoorbarns.com I think they do that sort of thing.
On 10 May 2017 at 3:48pm Jane S wrote:
You could perhaps talk to Tina at Tina's Kitchen next to the Brewers.
On 10 May 2017 at 4:00pm ClarifiedButlerClarified wrote:
I'd be happy to do a picnic for a troupe going to glyndebourne...finger sandwiches, quiches, poached trout and asparagus terrine, salads, gateau opera for afters and Eton mess...
On 10 May 2017 at 4:42pm The Greek wrote:
Go to the supermarket, buy some stuff, put it in a box and take it with you.
On 10 May 2017 at 5:00pm Horseman7 wrote:
Possibly a) Robson's and b) various B&B proprietors. But I would make my own. But couldn't afford to go anyway.
On 10 May 2017 at 5:30pm Ronald wrote:
It's a slight detour, but you could always go via the uckfield branch of McDonalds restaurant. Their food is reasonably priced, and as the restaurant is 'drive-thru' you don't have to get out of the car. You could then buy a picnic basket and pretend to be dining at the height of sophistication whilst eating something that actually tastes good.
Although take care that ketchup or a stray gerkhin doesn't land on your evening attire.
On 10 May 2017 at 6:14pm Hamburglar wrote:
You're havin a laff, Ronnie.
On 10 May 2017 at 10:32pm B&B landlady wrote:
Chloe at Seven Sisters Spices. Fabulous food and yes she'll do a Glyndebourne picnic.
On 11 May 2017 at 9:10am Ronald wrote:
Seven sister spices?

You mean that bonfire hating DFL? Thanks, but no.
On 11 May 2017 at 10:48am B&B landlady wrote:
Oh do bog off Ronald with your nasty bigotry. Luckily it wasn't you asking, was it?
On 11 May 2017 at 10:51am Ronald wrote:
@b&b landlady

Bigotry? Not at all. What's bigoted about calling someone a DFL? If you are a b&b landlady in the town, then one assumes you profit handsomely from bonfire night?
On 11 May 2017 at 2:12pm Pedro wrote:
I guess "DFL" is intended to be a derogatory remark towards a group of people (in this case, based on location), which therefore would suggest bigotry.

I don't find it offensive, because a) I don't really get offended and b) its childish, and c) it reflects worse on the person who uses the term, than the person who its directed at.
On 11 May 2017 at 2:33pm Honestly wrote:
Nobody cares what you think, Pedrro.
On 11 May 2017 at 2:44pm Pedro wrote:
Meh, I don't mind, even if it was 100% true and not from the mouth of a troll with mental health issues.

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Bonfire Pope and Cardinals 59:132
Lewes Bonfire Pope and Cardinals

New highly rated management. 2 very good new players signed already and plenty more to come. This season could be very... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare