Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Phoenix walking group

2
3
On 3 Nov 2011 at 7:32pm R Mcwethy wrote:
as many of you are aware I' been out of it ever sinceI moved Chicheste (bloody dump it is) but I have tried to keep up with thing s to a degree.
I could be guessing here but I think there is more than meets the eye with these people.
I read in todays Express 28/11/11 that they formed with the approval of the Bonfire Council?? you are kidding me are you not.
I feel that so many things a cock'd up with bonfire celebrations hese days it dos not have the feeling that we had a few years back, but then maybe it's me after all I am a very old fart now.
Conclusion I think this Phoenix thing is all very sad and is not in keeping with our old codes and teaching we had a while back
Cant wish them luck becaus I would be lying
2
 
On 3 Nov 2011 at 7:53pm Fork off wrote:
Such an old fart you are senile... or an imposter and a troll.
2
 
On 3 Nov 2011 at 8:09pm Decent Citizen wrote:
A troll indeed!Working too hard at bad spelling.I have observed this on here before. An oldie you say? We almost certainly had a better education teaching us to use a capital to start a sentence ,a full stop to finish one!
2
 
On 3 Nov 2011 at 8:23pm Nasher wrote:
I think that you have raised the biggest point in this Phoenix debate.
The Sussex Bonfire Council have a great deal to answer for on this subject.
In a year when you have seen one of their member societies ( Burgess Hill ) having to cancel their evening at the last minute due to lack of support , the SBC well come in a walking group of 30 plus members.
They should have turned round to the Phoenix and said ' We have no problem with you walking in bonfire but you will have to join up with one of our member societies in order to do so.'
Correct me if i'm wrong but I was under the impression that a society had to be a going concern for a number of years before it could join the Sussex bonfire council . A rule that was implemented because of our Gypsy friends. I'm also pretty sure that the Who the devil are we walking group were in before this rule was around.
This has been my first post on the subject and I can totally understand why bonfire boys , not only in Lewes are very upset about it.
3
 
On 3 Nov 2011 at 8:35pm Chuck wrote:
R McWethy is a Bonfire Boy of long standing, and is neither a troll or imposter. Why do you lot have to be so rude?
2
 
On 3 Nov 2011 at 8:39pm Nasher wrote:
Well said Chuck, your absolutely right. a proper boy.
 
3
On 3 Nov 2011 at 8:47pm If Only wrote:
You all realise how silly you look.
2
 
On 3 Nov 2011 at 9:18pm CLOWSIE wrote:
Is it the Sussex Bonfire Council or Lewes Bonfire Council that have agreed for Phoenix to becoming a walking group? Have they taken out their own insurance or are expecting and have expected to be covered by somebody elses?
 
 
On 3 Nov 2011 at 9:50pm mr burn wrote:
well before you start running down phoenix again . fine out what went on at the L.B.BS agm. meeting to make them walk away ( chairman ) was voted out but would not go !
2
 
On 3 Nov 2011 at 9:51pm DFS wrote:
Do you lot know how ridiculous you look with your pettiness?
 
 
On 3 Nov 2011 at 10:18pm middleclassandabitsmug wrote:
Is this about something very important?
 
 
On 3 Nov 2011 at 10:18pm Uncle Walt wrote:
As a visitor to your site I see you' re all fond of the word troll. Can you enlighten me ?
 
 
On 3 Nov 2011 at 10:29pm Doobie wrote:
A short geeza
 
 
On 3 Nov 2011 at 10:34pm Uncle walt wrote:
Is that it? What you got against short geezers?
 
 
On 3 Nov 2011 at 11:27pm Harold wrote:
Its the short , hairy legs that`s the problem with Trolls,and that they must be the most boring people as they have nothing of interest to say.
1
5
On 3 Nov 2011 at 11:38pm old boy wrote:
PHOENIX the beginning of the END
1
1
On 4 Nov 2011 at 1:29am C.lergy wrote:
Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.
3
4
On 4 Nov 2011 at 6:51am Jonny Double Standards wrote:
mr burn, or shall we call you sean??, none of your muppets with plenty to say put themselves forward for the chairmans job. They all just wanted the society run on their terms, for their benefit, but wanted to do nothing except turn up and march.
And I seem to remember that you asked your company to make the banners!!!!!!
12
1
On 4 Nov 2011 at 12:02pm unimpressed wrote:
I didn't realise that the point of this forum was to make personal attacks aimed at individuals or societies. I understand that everyone has opinions on bonfire traditions, but can we not act like grown ups here? Show a bit of self respect? Otherwise it's just playground bullying...surely we're all above that?
2
1
On 4 Nov 2011 at 3:31pm SHE wrote:
I have been following this Pheonix debacle and am still at a loss as to what all the fuss is about. Many level headed people have asked with no factual explanations given to why there is so much hate and spite. Please explain in straightforward facts if you can.
1
1
On 4 Nov 2011 at 4:06pm Ned wrote:
It's all been explasined here SHE. Try searching
3
1
On 4 Nov 2011 at 5:29pm Soup wrote:
I completely agree with you SHE, and I am also really shocked with all the pathetic hatred that has been expressed on this forum. Seriously, to everyone who has used this site to make spiteful comments and threats to others - get over it! And please, please do not ruin tomorrow for everyone by letting your petty arguments get in the way of what is supposed to be such a wonderful evening.
7
1
On 4 Nov 2011 at 5:47pm . wrote:
there is so much spite and hatred towards phoenix simply because they stood up to the bullies of borough. all i can say is good on them, who would walk with a society that supports dodgy goings on, on bonfire night i feel proud of the society i march with, ho wthe hell can you feel proud walking with the mug of a society borough has become over the past few years, they really havent helped themselves AT ALL.
3
3
On 4 Nov 2011 at 6:16pm Nasher wrote:
At least the Borough are a proper bonfire society who follow the true traditions of the evening.
You lot are nothing but a bunch of posers who want all the glory without doing any of the hard work.
9
1
On 4 Nov 2011 at 6:42pm . wrote:
how are Borough a proper society?you support illegal goings on?you use bonfire as a protest, how is this following the true traditions of the evening?you really ruined my evening last year, i cant even stand to watch you march by anymore, all respect has gone for borough, i march with a TRUE society who follow the true traditions.
 
1
On 4 Nov 2011 at 7:07pm 10 rupees wrote:
So what dodgy goings on do they engage in?
1
1
On 4 Nov 2011 at 7:16pm Soup wrote:
It seems that the term 'tradition' is being exploited as an excuse for a load of petty bullying. Traditions change and adapt, that's how they survive. So stop being so useless and pathetic and get on with preparing for the actual traditions of Lewes and not your own ridiculous politics.
1
2
On 4 Nov 2011 at 7:26pm from the horses mouth wrote:
No marching next year because of police cuts, and the council want 1 joint bonfire and 1 firework display on the waterloo site , all societys to make one big society to gather on the night ,, and entry to site will be £10 pp ,, dont shoot the messenger lol
2
1
On 4 Nov 2011 at 7:47pm Firebrigade wrote:
Excellent idea! It is a waste of money when times are tough
4
1
On 4 Nov 2011 at 10:13pm njbs wrote:
associating themselves with the dodgy fireworks factory perhaps, supporting the owners...
 
3
On 4 Nov 2011 at 11:37pm Yogi wrote:
Soup, the Germans and Russians have a tradition of anti semitism.....I'm afraid some traditions show up the worst in human nature and bonfire bigotry is one of them. Time to go, time to go, time to go, time to go, time to go......
 
 
On 5 Nov 2011 at 3:18am Cliffe wrote:
Phoenix shouldn't of formed as they'res many societies already that would of accepted members from Borough for the reasons above and made them feel welcome. And from what I've heard they're sponging torches etc from other societies which from a members point of view ain't on. But goodluck to them on the night and I'll certainly give them a smile when I see them. Bonfire is great and majority rules on that (not on here maybe but do i have to write the evidence again?!?!?!)
 
 
On 5 Nov 2011 at 2:16pm R McWethy wrote:
'Fork' Trolls dont get any where near your style or with more senility than you sweet heart
Decent guy yep didnt h the spelling ou darling as not aware at the time my key board was so naffed ns for pointyiong it out..xxxxxx
1
 
On 6 Nov 2011 at 7:55pm Newell Fisher wrote:
Up until now I could not be bothered finding out what this Phoenix crap was about.
From what I can tell people have been trying to inject their personal issues into Bonfire and have only succeeded in tearing it apart.
Good job...
 
 
On 7 Nov 2011 at 11:20am ben smith wrote:
all i can say is u all talk a load of s@@t yes there have been problems with phoenix starting up and there have been problems with lbbs but that should between them and no one else bonfire is an old tradition some societys as old as 150 years plus years old another argument about who is the oldest and i dont care been doing it to long to care i was born in to bonfire as was my kids and some good friends of mine have kids that where born in to it for some its a way of life so stop slagging of the people that make there costumes spend hours doing so and are out week after in the season and just let them get on with it
1
 
On 7 Nov 2011 at 5:30pm ok wrote:
i find it hilarious that C.lergy has tried to express their boredom of this subject by typing out the word yawn a rather large number of times indicating that they in fact are either very intrested or just a tad sad to waste their time on something they have no intrest in
 
 
On 8 Nov 2011 at 10:44am SHE wrote:
No-one has explained in a straight forward concise manner what the fuss is about -
What is not Bonfire and therefore what constitues Carnival?
Why is it so wrong not to chuck rookies?.
What reasons and criteria do they not fulfil to be allowed to go to outfires?
What is wrong with wearing a well made costume?
Do we really think that people are going to want to see bonfires, in Lewes or out of town, if everyone is dressed as a smuggler -BORING! That will be the end of bonfire for the smaller village societies.
I am sure I could answer many of these questions myself but would have liked to have heard other answers other that "because its not bonfire".
Personally I don't have any strong views as to what happens to the Pheonix - hopefully they will join an established Society but all this spouting off with no foundation is as C.lergy says - YAWN.


This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one


 

waterloo badge 128:132
waterloo badge

I think it is unlikely that the IMF will be involved at all in our deficit Tom. The government have offered to give lots of money... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington