Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Phoenix / North Street

On 2 Feb 2012 at 1:11pm Feline wrote:
Rumour that it has been bought by same company that built the Printworks. Can anyone confirm?

On 2 Feb 2012 at 3:21pm bastian wrote:
and where did you hear that? I would love to know if it's true.Those flats have only been occupied for a few years and they have had to have a new roof and cladding already. If the council agreed to shabbily built flats on the flood plane there ought to be an outcry, especially from the residents in thomas st, and spences lane.

On 2 Feb 2012 at 4:56pm Local wrote:
Somebody claimed in the recent thread about the Printworks that its developer / builder had gone bust...

On 2 Feb 2012 at 8:21pm Mr Forks wrote:
The developer of the Printworks went bust. Their is no truth at all in this rumour!

On 3 Feb 2012 at 2:21am Peasant wrote:
But developers who go bust frequently arise, Phoenix like, from the ashes.

On 3 Feb 2012 at 2:54pm Lewes Resident wrote:
FELINE- The rumour is true they have bought the Phoenix/north street and Malling Brooks, Concern for all.

On 3 Feb 2012 at 3:25pm Clifford wrote:
Here we go again. I wonder when the promises of a cinema will start?

On 3 Feb 2012 at 3:30pm Clifford wrote:
By the way, whatever happened to the Lewes Community Land Trust?

On 3 Feb 2012 at 6:44pm ben morgenstern wrote:
Good question Clifford! Why don't you ask John Stockdale the present town mayor, who seems to be le grand fromage in this escapade?

On 4 Feb 2012 at 8:24am John Stockdale wrote:
Thanks, Ben. It's nice to be called a grand fromagwe. Lewes Community Land Trust have some information on this. "The Santon Group are in the process of acquiring the assets previously owned by Angel Property" according to a document they have deposited with the Planning Department. Lewes Community Land Trust is meeting this week to discuss this and we'll let you know more.

On 5 Feb 2012 at 1:40pm ben morgenstern wrote:
John, thanks for this. Could you please let us how much in cash bonds the Community Land Trust holds and what assets in the way of land?

On 5 Feb 2012 at 1:51pm ben morgenstern wrote:
John, thanks for this. Could you please let us how much in cash bonds the Community Land Trust holds and what assets in the way of land?

On 5 Feb 2012 at 5:54pm Feline wrote:
ben morgenstern - don't ask what the Community Land Trust can do for you - ask what YOU can do for the Community Land Trust. The clue is in the name: COMMUNITY.

On 6 Feb 2012 at 12:19am Fairmeadow wrote:
Sounds like good news? Lewes really needs some more housing - nightmare trying to find anywhere to buy or rent at present.
Key is to ensure that any new development includes a decent proportion of affordable housing - and also that it delivers a riverside Lewes can be proud off, rather than the present collection of tatty, mostly derelict sheds.

On 6 Feb 2012 at 11:18am John Stockdale wrote:
Ben, the Community Land Trust is not sitting on a pile of cash. We have a plan for raising a bond issue when we need it. We've heard Santon are keen to speak to us which is encouraging. I think Fairmeadow's post just about sums it up.

On 6 Feb 2012 at 4:32pm ben morgenstern wrote:
Dearest Feline, I did not ask what the Community Land Trust can do for me: I asked what cash it had and what land it owned. DFo please read the question.

On 7 Feb 2012 at 11:16am citizen wrote:
The real question is, what is some shoddy developer doing making money out of our land when it should ALL be being used for affordable housing. I bet they wriggle out of that one when they stack up all the costs of developing a polluted, floodable site that's better used for light industrial.

On 8 Feb 2012 at 10:12am Captain wrote:
Now we are part of the national forrest surely any development has to be mindful.
So not sure there is much to worry about. Surely its good that something good will potentially happen there.

On 9 Feb 2012 at 9:27pm ben morgenstern wrote:
The breaking news tonight is that Santon Group and MAS Plc have concluded the deal to but the former Angel and Terracotta Properties' holdings on this site and that there will be a press release tomorrow. Joh Stockdale, if the Community Land Trust has no pile of cash and property assets you have yet to disclose, how do you see your role in this developing? And surely all Lewes was recently asked for an opinion on this site by the District Council?

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 24:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015

Yeah, I somehow imagine that the pandemic has not been much of a great "leveler" for those poorest in our society. :( more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare