Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Phoenix:)

On 4 Jan 2016 at 5:12pm Pleased wrote:
Finally the 'heart of lewes' is going to be developed. Took way to long for some rusty warehouses to be put to good use
On 4 Jan 2016 at 9:17pm Lost jobs, gain of DFLs wrote:
Seems that the disgust about a few 'smelly artists' has completely masked the loss of Compass Buses, North St Garage etc.
On 5 Jan 2016 at 12:38am Cuban Raft Rider wrote:
Why, have they cancelled the routes and sacked the drivers ?
On 5 Jan 2016 at 11:04am Lost jobs, gain of DFLs wrote:
@CRR, they certainly will if they can't find an affordable site for their depot
On 5 Jan 2016 at 1:57pm commuter wrote:
Why can't compass do a Lewes to Brighton route?
On 5 Jan 2016 at 4:21pm ian freeston wrote:
Pleased!!
I'll tell you a little story
Firstly, Santon took the rent and didn't have pay the council tax, while they developed the site. GREAT news.. happy days etc, because in fact, if they, or any other developer had to cover the cost of having a completely empty site, they wouldn't have touched the place with a fracking barge pole, and even if they had, it more than likely wouldn't have sped up the planning process anyway..
So you and everyone else would have still been looking at those ugly bunch of decaying foundry sheds over the last 8 years anyways..
I understand the fact that the pepper corn rents and leaking roofs was a bit of a piss take and some folks made money subletting and getting away with not paying council tax under the guise of being an artistic community or that kinda rubbish
this might rub some folks up the wrong way, yet even then people did get to use the facilities for birthday parties, wakes and other celebrations, even artist studio's??
along with a lot of genuine business and fully function charities trading on the estate and this should be respected.
As the genuine could do with new venues..
Yes its time has come: I see an amazing phoenix skatepark to replace the worn out public park on
Brooks Close BN7 2FZ,
So looking for at least 250.000 start up fund
thank you pleased for bring the subject to our attention once again
On 6 Jan 2016 at 7:50am DJ wrote:
"yet even then people did get to use the facilities for birthday parties". 200 people were only an hour or so away from being trapped in a fire there at a birthday party caused by a faulty woodburner flue. Don't seem to have heard anything about health and safety prosecutions on that one.
On 6 Jan 2016 at 12:39pm Ian Freeston wrote:
Yes thAt fire
I'd just finished a yoga workshop on the bank of the river Ouse that day.. I have friends that where in the building when it when up..
Nasty business
If that had happened when the party was in full swing there WOULD have been many deaths!
Thankfully not, in this case, and it's time to bulldoze the rest ASAP
On 6 Jan 2016 at 12:56pm Ian Freeston wrote:
Another thought though
Santons letting agent did change the lease on Arthole to ten people in the building at any one time, so no more parties gigs events etc, which Christian failed to tell me when I got involed clearing space of rubbish etc.
Yet Zu still carried on having raves?! The cult of personalities I'm guessing
Mates rates
Who you know
If people like you or not
Funny little soap opera cums to its closing chapter

On 7 Jan 2016 at 8:31am DJ wrote:
That's a serious allegation, especially considering the fire. How come the authorities aren't doing anything about it?
On 11 Jan 2016 at 8:24am concerned wrote:
Had the building been subject to fire/safety checks as a public venue? if so, according to what I have heard the wood burner may well have failed any such check. I agree , there could have been a disaster had people been in there at the time. The issue really does seem unresolved with no lessons learned for the future.

On 11 Jan 2016 at 10:17am frank wrote:
Didn't Zu have a party on New Year's Eve?

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes winged messenger 90:132
Lewes winged messenger

Don't bother, Tom Pain, with your false equivalence. There was never a scientific consensus on "global cooling" which gets you... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy