Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Petrol prices

On 9 Dec 2011 at 3:03pm jonnyboy wrote:
Petrol is currently 3p a litre less at the Esso garage than at Tesco.

On 9 Dec 2011 at 7:03pm snooper wrote:
£1.28.7 at Asda in Brighton

On 9 Dec 2011 at 8:43pm Fairmeadow wrote:
About time we saw a reduction. Haven't been buying fuel in Lewes for yonks.
Ever since the ESSO garage on Malling Hill closed for refurbishment, Lewes TESCO has been 3-4p per liter higher than TESCO in Eastbourne, or other places where there is competition. Since the ESSO garage reopened, they and TESCO seem to have been operating a cartel.
Even country garages, like the one at Selmeston and the one by the A26 at Clay Hill have been undercutting the Lewes price.
Its a real racket. When they have no competition TESCO rip you off, and they do their best to see off the competition whenever they can.
Apologies for the rant.

On 10 Dec 2011 at 12:17am DrDumpling wrote:
cheers johnny, thaks for that. anything to be saved from petrol prices is a bonus to us all..

On 10 Dec 2011 at 1:15pm Rookie wrote:
If anyone is ever in the area then fill up at ASDA in Brighton Marina. It always seems to be cheaper than anywhere else .

On 14 Dec 2011 at 12:07am Pet Rol wrote:
Click the link below for best petrol prices in the area. I signed up about a year ago, and get an email everyday.

On 14 Dec 2011 at 12:09am Pet Rol wrote:
Should work this time...

Check it out here »

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Bonfire Torches 11:132
Bonfire Torches

I'm grateful for Nevillman starting this discussion and being so generous as to refer back to me. My delay in saying anything... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare