Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Petition to force the government to resign.

On 3 Sep 2013 at 6:43pm Bye Bye Con/Dems. wrote:

Check it out here »
On 3 Sep 2013 at 6:56pm 8 miles from home wrote:
Not the right time yet.Let's let the immigrate influx continue, then the time will be right for the Ukip to gather the votes of the people in next Mays european election.
On 3 Sep 2013 at 7:01pm drone wrote:
We have elections in order to change governments, not petitions
On 3 Sep 2013 at 7:17pm DEMOCRACY ISN`T WORKING wrote:
Really?Elections you say?With these`er elections as you call them do the elected politicians carry out the will of the people?No, rarely, you say?
I thought so!
Sign the petition..................
On 3 Sep 2013 at 8:16pm Hyena wrote:
Just a wild guess , but somehow I don't think this is going to succeed.
On 3 Sep 2013 at 9:01pm Maus wrote:
Hahahahaha
On 3 Sep 2013 at 9:41pm An Owl wrote:
Gordon Bennett what a pair ,a mouse and a Hyena.
On 4 Sep 2013 at 7:28am Clifford wrote:
Stand back and enjoy this semi-literate drivel:

'Not the right time yet.Let's let the immigrate influx continue, then the time will be right for the Ukip to gather the votes of the people in next Mays european election.'

I doubt if even Farage really wants the votes of this kind of person.
On 4 Sep 2013 at 9:55am ar10642 wrote:
To the OP: how would the government resign exactly? Are you asking for all MPs in Lib/Con to resign their post and do lots of by-elections (with all other MPs keeping their posts)?
Or are you asking for the PM to call a general election now in the hope that UKIP will suddenly win loads of seats?
Are you calling for some sort of coup d'etat?
Or are you just writing a load of incoherent drivel?
To quote from your petition:
"The people of the UK did not elect your Government"
Yes, they did, like it or not.
"and did not give you the ability to vote yourselves a 5 year fixed time in government."
What does "vote themselves" mean? The people in the relevant constituencies voted for their MP. Unless nobody voted but the MPs themselves.
"We therefore want you to resign and leave office within 1 month."
What does that even mean? Who is "you"?
"You gave yourself a 5 year Job"
No, they didn't. The individual MPs were elected and formed a government, although they needed a coalition between two parties to do so. The government must call a general election within 5 years but can do so at any time before that.
"but we didn't give you that right so go now."
Yes, "we" did.
Maybe engage brain before keyboard next time.
On 4 Sep 2013 at 2:45pm Deelite 2 wrote:
First off, we don't have a democracy. A democracy is where the people are represented by the politicians. Ours are voted for by a very small percentage of the population. Set up correctly, proper PR would be a million times more democratic.

Secondly who else would you have? I can't say I'd trust any of the misfits around now to run the country. They are mediocre at best, dangerous at worst.
On 4 Sep 2013 at 3:54pm bastian wrote:
How about a call for "No confidence" in the government. That is the legal way to force an election when the people feel their government is not governing. Governors are supposed to keep things running at a steady pace ( see the mechanics of a beam engine), yet this coalition seem to just keep racing from one disaster ti another and screwing up the electorates lives (except the rich that is).
On 4 Sep 2013 at 5:36pm Help! wrote:
I think this petiton is actually that.It will at least show our strength of feeling.Our Democracy is busted thats clear.These kind of gestures seem to be all we have left.What a state of affairs eh?
On 4 Sep 2013 at 5:47pm The Kronic wrote:
Deelite 2......you are that annoying piece dog excrement Swampy, aren't you, you little devil

On 4 Sep 2013 at 5:52pm Townie wrote:
So when this "petition" finally get's rid of the government (hahahaha), who exactly is going to take Hinge and Bracket's place. Please please don't say Ed Milliband because i think i will actually die laughing !!!!!

On 4 Sep 2013 at 6:01pm A Maroon. wrote:
I`m sure some slaves said exactly the same thing when they were emancipated.
"Whose gonna take the masters place when are free?

On 5 Sep 2013 at 8:40am ar10642 wrote:
"I think this petiton is actually that.It will at least show our strength of feeling"
No it won't. It won't be read by anyone that matters. It doesn't even make sense. It's just a badly worded general whinge.

On 5 Sep 2013 at 6:46pm I should be P.M wrote:
People`s,
Look at the like`s & dislike`s.
Its true ,I really should be P.M

On 5 Sep 2013 at 8:32pm gary byrd wrote:
I think you could probably be P'M at least.

On 5 Sep 2013 at 8:35pm gary byrd wrote:
...or possibly P `M ?

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes antiques centre 53:132
Lewes antiques centre

Eddi: Amazon delivered your parcels to us today you've got the wrong address in your account.

Please let me know what you... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine