Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Pestle and Mortar

On 6 Oct 2014 at 6:00pm huw wrote:
Just went into the new (not sure when it started) shop in the Needle Makers that's selling clothes (which I didn't look at) and Asian cooking ingredients.
Was very pleasantly surprised. I thought it was great value and the range, although not huge, looks like it could provide a number of interesting meals.
The really nice lady who I think runs it is looking at increasing the range soon and I might make it a regular place to shop.
I know this is a blatant plug but I promise I have no interest in the shop except wanting it to succeed so I don't have to go into Brighton to buy sensibly priced soy sauce or slightly more exotic ingredients.
On 6 Oct 2014 at 6:43pm lewes born and bred wrote:
About time too....good luck with the project
On 6 Oct 2014 at 8:37pm mary wrote:
Totally agree - I went to have a look as well. Much needed in Lewes! Hope their food takes off as well. Totally sold out when I visited. Have no interest in the shop except wanting it to survive and grow!! we need some real food in this town!
On 7 Oct 2014 at 11:11am TDA wrote:
When will Taj from Brighton open a branch in Lewes?!?
On 8 Oct 2014 at 6:08pm Kev wrote:
Went there with my son, as he has a keen intersest in cooking and it will definitely be on my regular shopping list, loved it, hope they make it work. And may i say how nice it is to visit this Forum and find a positive thread for once. I was beginning to think there were no decent people left on here as it only seems to be filled with hate filled trolls of late.
On 8 Oct 2014 at 6:22pm lewes born and bred wrote:
Maybe we should have a "politcs and no one gives a toss" forum on here and leave the nice people to discuss proper Lewes issues.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Town Clock 88:132
Lewes Town Clock

Hm, I could recommend you Chameleon decorators and windows restoration This company uses vacuum-sealed double glazing technology... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like The Grange Gardens, and the way the teashop has the most odd mixture of china from the charity shops
Jojo