Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Personal notelet from Norman Baker

On 29 May 2017 at 6:50pm The Old Mayor wrote:
We have received a "personal notelet" from Mr Baker the former MP for Lewes, who addresses us as "friend". I think it looks really amateurish and unprofessional in both style and content. Tory blue paper and a yellow envelope. It is supposed to look handwritten and he wants us to support his "friend" Kelly Marie who apparently has "thrown" herself into the rail fiasco ! Did we notice the difference she made ?
On 29 May 2017 at 7:12pm Clifford wrote:
Baker has many claims to fame. This is one of them:
'Theresa May was said to be spitting tacks after Nick Clegg on Monday imposed as Home Office minister in the reshuffle a Liberal Democrat MP who questioned whether Dr David Kelly took his own life.
'The home secretary was not consulted over the appointment of Norman Baker who took a year out from the Lib Dem frontbench to write a book which suggested that Kelly, a former government weapons inspector, was murdered by an Iraqi hit squad in 2003.'

Check it out here »
On 29 May 2017 at 7:22pm Normans Wisdom wrote:
The best MP Lewes has ever had. It was a bad day for Lewes when the voters chose a useless, self-serving Tory freeloader over him.
On 29 May 2017 at 7:32pm Hamid Barr wrote:
Maria Caulfield will get my vote.
She's done a very good job.
Rarely seen strolling around Lewes town and prefers to visit the entire constituency as well as putting in a proper stint in Parliament.
Rather more than Baker ever did - neither was he any good when he put on a silly hat and pretended to be a musician.
On 29 May 2017 at 7:50pm Red Ken wrote:
Rarely seen strolling around Lewes Town sounds about right. But rarely seen within 50 miles of Lewes is closer to the truth. She is the proverbial invisible Tory who does nothing except nod her head to order in the chamber and claim her Westminster allowances. I would love to see the back of her but I suspect there are enough stupid gullible people in the constituency to vote her back in for 5 more years of inaction.
On 29 May 2017 at 9:08pm Mum wrote:
She visited my sons primary school. She arranged a trip to Westminster for them.
On 29 May 2017 at 9:30pm Voter2 wrote:
Those in charge must have realised how useless the Blunderer is, and are desperately hoping that dragging him away from his retirement / new job might somehow help a lost cause.
Labour for me here.
On 29 May 2017 at 9:41pm Stoneman wrote:
Your a dick wisdom.
Baker was only out to feather his own nest, never had a job before he became an MP, did nothing for my community.
Caulfield has done more in her short time than he ever did.
Blundell? Another self server.
On 29 May 2017 at 10:34pm Lopster wrote:
My letter from Norman had my name on it.
I'll be voting Lib so we can get rid of at least one Tory MP - a vote for anything other than Lib in Lewes is a vote for the Tories
On 29 May 2017 at 10:48pm Clifford wrote:
Stoneman wrote: 'Caulfield has done more in her short time than he ever did.'

What, precisely? We are all ears.
On 30 May 2017 at 2:47am Sussex Dim wrote:
What’s the matter with you Clifford – can’t you read?
For God’s sake man, she visited a primary school and arranged to have them visit Westminster.
I get really sick of people who feel they’re ‘entitled’ to have an MP that asks record numbers of awkward questions. Those days are over, move on and let someone get a free ride on the gravy train will you?
On 30 May 2017 at 6:59am Phfellow2004 wrote:
Will the cost of Norman Baker's notelets be included in the LibDem Candidate's expenses allowance?
On 30 May 2017 at 8:35am Clifford wrote:
Sussex Dim, I stand corrected. Clearly she is much more active than I realised.
On 30 May 2017 at 8:40am Eric C wrote:
So that's it? Is that the total sum of her 2 years? She arranged for some kids to go to Westminster? Pardon me for being slightly underwhelmed.
The truth is that she is totally out of her depth and has proven to be as ineffective as her Tory predecessors. Baker had his faults but at least he DID something even if it was asking awkward questions of the government.
I'm not a libDem but I shall be voting that way to get her out on her @rse.
On 30 May 2017 at 8:49am Tory wrote:
I find non conservatives to be rather puerile. Childish mudslinging, defacing posters etc....do you see tory voters behaving in such pathetic ways?
On 30 May 2017 at 9:19am Red Ken wrote:
"do you see tory voters behaving in such pathetic ways?"
No. Only Tory mp's.
On 30 May 2017 at 9:22am Cynic wrote:
If Ms Caulfield was as good a nurse as she has been an mp then I'm mighty relieved that she never nursed me.
On 30 May 2017 at 9:38am Tim wrote:
Frankly I couldn't care less how good or bad an mp she is. It's totally irrelevant. I want a Conservative government so she will be getting my vote.
On 30 May 2017 at 11:11am Voting floater wrote:
Yep, also received Norman's note - the whole tone looked a little "faux friendly" and made me feel a little nauseous.
Shame really, as though I don't vote Lib-Dem, Norm did try and help myself and a group of local residents out with a traffic issue - problem was never resolved, but he did at least try to help. Trying to offer such gushing support for the new Lib-Dem candidate did seem to undermine his credibility a little.
Shame they forgot to perforate the paper, but it's hanging on the nail in the outhouse along with the other political junk mail...just hope the ink doesn't rub off when I get around to using it.....;-)
On 30 May 2017 at 11:26am Voter wrote:
I've met Ms Caulfield. About a rural matter. The meeting happened in Lewes, as it happens. She turned out not to be at all helpful, mainly because she clearly doesn't know her constituency well enough.
On 30 May 2017 at 12:09pm Bored wrote:
Bored of people slagging off maria, especially when they know nothing about her or her work. Keyboard knobheads
On 30 May 2017 at 12:38pm Frak wrote:
Tim - how is it totally irrelevant? Also, just out of interest, why do you want a Tory government?
On 30 May 2017 at 1:26pm Cynic wrote:
Stupid comment from Bored. If she interracted more with her constituents then we might get an inkling about her and her work. But I suspect there is nothing to interract about. So she keeps away, keeps quiet and just picks up her wages.
On 30 May 2017 at 1:36pm Eric C wrote:
Two blue rosetted upper class idiots have just stuck a piece of paper through my letterbox. Utter bull. Straight in the recycling.
On 30 May 2017 at 2:04pm Nomates wrote:
Think Baker was a fine constituency MP. Caulfield doesn't seem as bad in those terms as some say - I've found her quite responsive.
There's a fair chance the LDs end up with as few as two MPs after this election, and unfortunately that is likely to prove Baker and his cohort's enduring legacy - permanently demolishing England's much needed third parliamentary party (until the Labour right form a new one next year perhaps).
On 30 May 2017 at 2:47pm Voting Floater wrote:
@ Eric C, good to see you are recycling. I tend to hang mine on a nail of the door on my small "outhouse" so that they serve a useful purpose, and give me some satisfaction that I have expressed my personal opinion on they content, before 'disposal'.
On 30 May 2017 at 4:10pm Social worker wrote:
It's so so sad to see all these sneering Brexiters here. Sad too that we can't find some procedure to stop them. So obvious none of them have done a stint at the coalface of social deprivation. Mind you, none of them probably have the A levels to go into higher education.
On 30 May 2017 at 5:38pm Indygirl wrote:
I found Maria Caulfield very helpful and accessible when I had a problem. However as an ex green voter I'm voting Labour this time. So disappointed the greens getting in to bed with the Lib Dems. Norman's letter put me off to be honest .
On 30 May 2017 at 5:53pm Frak wrote:
May as well vote for the Tories then indygirl.
On 30 May 2017 at 6:01pm I hate snobs wrote:
@socialworker....i can't stand snobs...do one
On 30 May 2017 at 6:39pm death wrote:
lib dumbs are wxxkers
On 30 May 2017 at 10:09pm Redballs wrote:
Social worker talk my through what happened in Rochdale and Rotherham. Is that what it means to do a stint at the coalface of social deprivation? Do one you sanctimonious oaf.
On 30 May 2017 at 10:38pm Indygirl wrote:
It really annoys me when people tell me how to vote. It's my vote . I know many of my friends in Lewes voting Labour this time as we won't be druv
On 30 May 2017 at 10:42pm Stoneman wrote:
Good to see Blundell cave under pressure tonight in the live TV debate, not up to the job.
On 30 May 2017 at 11:11pm Voter wrote:
Where did she fail last time? London, or Surrey somewhere? Hopefully she will disappear for good after she loses here next week.
On 31 May 2017 at 9:46am Social worker wrote:
Our ignorant Brexit friends are out in force. I'm prepared to bet not one of them has an ethnic minority friend. They are probably also afraid of women, or 'the ladies' as they call them. Pathetic.
On 31 May 2017 at 11:58am Frak wrote:
Indygirl - I wasn't telling you how to vote, and I apologise if that is how it came across. Just that unfortunately, with a first past the post system and a constituency like Lewes, voting for labour (at the moment) will only help the tories. I would rather vote Labour (or green), but see no point doing it here, so will vote tactically.

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Keere Street Lewes 49:132
Keere Street Lewes

New highly rated management. 2 very good new players signed already and plenty more to come. This season could be very... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams