Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Pells School

On 11 May 2016 at 4:23pm Ex Pells pupil wrote:
Good news that the closure of Pells School is being to cabinet for decision
On 11 May 2016 at 4:42pm Greaser wrote:
Old Man Turney-tops & old man Jackson & the Mrs Bing-Bongs would be so pleased.
On 11 May 2016 at 8:10pm peter wrote:
Ex Pells pupil - watch ESCC like a hawk!
On 12 May 2016 at 7:09am Rosalyn St Pierre wrote:
Well done on the campaign to stop the closure of Pells and Rodmell schools in getting all the opposition groups ar ESCC to vote against the Tory proposal (28-20). But the final decision will still be taken by one councillor as lead member for schools and learning who recommends it to Cabinet. All are Tories and no other group get a vote! An unpopular decision can be "called in" but in the past this has had little. Impact. Worth watching the webcast of this part of the council meeting. And yes watch ESCC like a hawk.
On 12 May 2016 at 7:22am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
The change from a system of all-party committees to a cabinet has been hugely damaging to local democracy imo.
On 12 May 2016 at 7:59am watcher wrote:
Yes watch both the officers and the councillors like a hawk. Both groups appear to be efficient only when covering their own backs. In my view there's no recognition of the fact that they are actually there to serve us. If you do watch the webcast have a look at the St Anne's part of the meeting too - a good example of a reluctance to admit some responsibility for their actions. Senior officers operate outside of the complaints procedure and councillors may not criticize officers.
I do hope that you manage to save your school.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Boroughs tableau 2015 12:132
Boroughs tableau 2015

QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde