Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Pedestrians and mobile phones

On 3 Feb 2017 at 6:22pm Hot Lips wrote:
If you get stuck behind someone walking slowly along the pavement or up some stairs the chances are they are tapping away on their mobile phones. What's up with these people?? They have no situational awareness of the inconvenience they are causing to others around them. I can bet that the trip hazard rate has increased amongst the admissions to A&E. This has to be of the downside to the Smart Phones, their owners can be idiots!!!!
On 3 Feb 2017 at 6:39pm Billy wrote:
I have developed a habit of allowing them to bump into me - well it amuses me.
On 3 Feb 2017 at 6:45pm Frotteur wrote:
I just rub along with them
On 3 Feb 2017 at 7:06pm Gander Green wrote:
It's a menace when they hold everything up for their own self indulgence.
On 3 Feb 2017 at 7:33pm G wrote:
People wearing large headphones,stepping off curbs without looking as they are cocooned in their own world.
On 3 Feb 2017 at 8:45pm Tom Pain wrote:
Come,come, chaps we must be nice to the darlings. They've got Greens Disease and are trying to sacrifice themselves for Gaia by being run over by evil cars and save the world.
On 3 Feb 2017 at 9:13pm Eduard Raban wrote:
I just stand still.

On 3 Feb 2017 at 9:44pm Eddy Rayban wrote:
I can't see where I'm going but look cool
On 3 Feb 2017 at 10:19pm Pedant wrote:
People wearing large headphones,stepping off curbs aren't as bad as people wearing large headphones stepping off kerbs. No sirree.

On 4 Feb 2017 at 9:09am Local wrote:
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller?
On 4 Feb 2017 at 11:17am Pedro wrote:
Smart phones seem to be a bigger addiction than most drugs these days, legal or not. Take away a smart phone from a person and watch their pain and anxiety from withdrawal. It should also be noted the amount of road accidents from mobile phone use (to both drivers and pedestrians).

The smart phone provides many great experiences and conveniences, but as with anything, its very easily abused which becomes detrimental to some "users".
On 4 Feb 2017 at 11:35am Idiots on bikes wrote:
With headphones on...
On 4 Feb 2017 at 1:44pm Jude wrote:
Pushchairs and mobile that shock me. They put they child at risk. Crossing roads without looking.
On 4 Feb 2017 at 3:40pm Mongs on mopeds wrote:
P.C I'm not
On 4 Feb 2017 at 8:49pm Woody wrote:
In complete agreement - the other bug bear, is people having a conversation with you and their phone at the same time.
Googling 'facts' and subjects, whilst talking about them to my face.
No, rude!!

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Normans Helmet 102:143
Normans Helmet

'Reclaim the streets' Tom? You jest. The same procession year after year on one day, the same relentless brainless 'patriotism'... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If you lend someone £20 and don't see them again it was probably worth it.
Dan
Brighton Jobs