Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Party Members Suck

On 7 Oct 2015 at 1:18pm Pah wrote:
The difference between the Conservative Conference and the fiasco of vested interest and interesting vests, that preceded it could not be more stark. I recommend you read Boris Johnson`s scintillating speech and today David Cameron has been on his customary razor sharp form.
Overall the Party is heading determinedly for the centre and left a bit. ‘One Nation’ is back with a vengeance (to my personal delight).There is clearly the hope that with a further term and a decent majority they can take on the Nation’s most intractable problems. I wish them well with all my heart but I only wanted to make one small point.
People who belong to political parties should not be allowed to decide anything!
I speak as someone who was once an activist. They are just too silly. They have landed Labour with a joke candidate and an argument a five year old could see through but we know that .In the blue team Theresa May`s transparent attempt to further her career by applying a sledgehammer to the nuanced issue of immigration was less serious but nonetheless unpleasant.
I expect better from the Conservative Party, watch yourself Ms May, lets leave 'populism' to UKIP and Corbyn.
On 7 Oct 2015 at 2:44pm Red wrote:
Here's David Cameron at his slimy best

Watch the video »
On 7 Oct 2015 at 3:48pm Moniker Leweski wrote:
You guys and your UK politics !
On 7 Oct 2015 at 6:01pm belladonna wrote:
Go away Pah. We know you're Paul Newman.
On 7 Oct 2015 at 6:03pm Mark wrote:
Jesus wept.
On 7 Oct 2015 at 7:41pm The Old Mayor wrote:
Mrs Mays hands are completely tied by Brussels in relation to immigration, she's just being patronising. Conference just spouts what they think we want to hear, not what they are doing !! And I'm a conservative !!
On 7 Oct 2015 at 9:16pm Cum on Davy Cum on wrote:
Piglets aren't the only ones who suck.. You've only to ask the Bullingdon Boy Geek David Cumeron!

Watch the video »

On 8 Oct 2015 at 5:53pm Mark wrote:
@Red. You're correct about sliminess. Every answer is swimming in snake oil - a second meaning hidden underneath every carefully-spun phrase.
On 8 Oct 2015 at 8:44pm Reality wrote:
Lewes lefties on this forum really are a humourless angry bunch. Your party lost, is now unelectable & becoming frankly slightly embarrassing much like most of the posts on this thread & other political ones slating a party that has just been elected by a majority. My only hope as someone who enjoys politics Is Labour get rid of Corbin as soon as possible & actually provide genuine opposition
On 8 Oct 2015 at 9:16pm King of Sussex wrote:
I don't think there was a line in Cameron ' s speech that was quite so treacherous as "the death of Osama Bin Laden was a tragedy".
No doubt all you moron tories will start chiming in about my taking that line out of context, but you'll never be able to deny he actually said it. I can't think of anything quite so disgustingly anti British.

On 8 Oct 2015 at 9:23pm wrote:
The sole Tory on this forum is really stupid and a slightly annoying tw@t! Best not to hold it against him..

Check it out here »
On 8 Oct 2015 at 10:05pm Reality wrote:
Thank you your Highness for proving my point about humourless angry lefties, right on cue!
On 8 Oct 2015 at 10:49pm Reality is.. wrote:
No sane person can give a dam about your whining & droning tory humourless values. The sooner the Tory Bullingdon Boys are seen for the corrupt thieving scroungers that they are, the sooner this Country will be a far happier & harmonious place to be living.

On 8 Oct 2015 at 11:46pm Reality wrote:
And again, priceless!
On 9 Oct 2015 at 12:48am King of Sussex wrote:
So what's wrong with being angry?
There's a corrupt lying government in power, if you're not angry you're either an offshore untaxed billionaire or a smug moron who doesnt realise they're supporting a decline in their own standard of living.
You're just proving you're the latter.
And try not to be more humourless than the people you accuse of being humourless, or is trenchant hypocrisy a natural bedfellow to being smug?

On 9 Oct 2015 at 8:58am Pah wrote:
The hard left are the sort of people who spit and throw eggs but having never played games are unable to hit anything.

On 9 Oct 2015 at 9:22am Mark wrote:
Reality.. Isn't whatever "point" you seem to think you're making a little bit empty (ie: devoid of any meaningful content)

On 9 Oct 2015 at 9:43am wrote:
My posts yesterday evening in reply to 'Reality' were curtailed due to the webbo (who ever he was that night) mistakenly thinking I was a Russian Spammer and blocking my reply(s).
According to the Webbo this morning you can't say any word with r_u in the string of letters without being mistaken for a Russian Spammer and permanently blocked!
Oh yes.. I see.. Not!

On 9 Oct 2015 at 9:47am wrote:
The offending passage was:
"Best you 'run' off to your own little forum"
On 9 Oct 2015 at 5:20pm Reality wrote:
King of Sussex & Mark both seem to sum up the shouting down of the Lewes lefties on this forum perfectly. I can only assume the reason you continually post on here is you feel that those 'thumbs up' are a true reflection of the views of the Lewes people. The reality is that any sensible argument on here is soon quashed by far left ramblings by a few labour die hards who's politics will be consigned to history along with Corbin & his cronies. The sooner the better!
'King of Sussex' should read 'humourless Jester'. Your assumption that I am a Tory perfectly illustrates my point yet again, but at least you have now made me smug knowing I was right all along. Until there is are capability amongst you of comprehending that those that voted this government in are not all anti poor, immigrant hating, billionaires, ex Eton boys, this forum will remain a haven for the politics of the minority & balanced debate will be impossible. Meanwhile the less angry & bitter among us will be getting on with our lives enjoying the countries revival & occasionally glancing on here for a laugh at your expense.
On 9 Oct 2015 at 7:58pm King of Sussex wrote:
Thanks for proving me right.
Well done.
On 10 Oct 2015 at 8:39am Mark wrote:
Not so sure I'd be feeling smug if I couldnt spell Corbyn correctly. And yes I'm angry but I feel justified. I see the abolition of inheritance tax, successive reductions in corporate taxation taking us to a lower level than the USA.. etc.. ad nauseum... At the same time as I share the experience of a divorced friend who was stripped of her home by the bedroom tax and will lose her ability to work without tax credits this year. It gets emotive when there's a personal connection.

15 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Commercial Square programme 31:132
Commercial Square programme

It's tyranny whatever why you look at it. What we need is common sense. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams