Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Part time...

On 17 Mar 2017 at 6:31pm Clifford wrote:
Plumpton College are advertising a Night Cleaner job, 'part time'. Part time to me has always meant half a full week (say, 20 hours) or perhaps less. This job is 32.5 hours, working from Sunday to Thursday. It's remarkable how definitions change.
On 17 Mar 2017 at 8:26pm Lunch break wrote:
Have you ever thought about going part time clifford? Give us all a rest.
On 17 Mar 2017 at 8:37pm Fairmeadow wrote:
Self-employed, surely?
On 17 Mar 2017 at 8:45pm Old Malling wrote:
Surely part time means less that full time? So if your full time staff work 40 hours a week then anything less that that is part time isn't it?
On 18 Mar 2017 at 4:29pm Sussex Jim wrote:
The official definition of "full time" is 30 hours or more. (source: Job Centre) Even though many people are still expected to attend for 40 hours or more by their employers. Possibly, Plumpton College are trying to designate the vacancy as part -time in order to avoid paying their share of NI or pension contributions?
On 18 Mar 2017 at 4:38pm Fairmeadow wrote:
I think NI is a function of how much you are paid, not how many hours you work. 30 hr x minimum wage would be more than enough to trigger employer-NI for an employee ( unless they could be categorised as "an apprentice" or "self-employed").

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

English view 35:132
English view

Lewes Priory Cricket Club (LPCC) is based at the Stanley Turner Ground, Kingston Road, Lewes (i.e. next to the rugby club). ... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell