Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Parking wardens needed

On 3 Oct 2017 at 12:08pm Over reacting? wrote:
Is it just me or have others noticed that the same football players that block Ham Lane most weekend by parking on the verges have now given up parking on the verges (now that they've turned them into pot hole central) and have started just parking in the middle of the road? I know there is a lot of debate over who owns it but I regularly take stuff to the tips and the road constantly being blocked is starting to get annoying. Only LDC could spent millions putting the tip at the end of a road that no one has control of...
On 3 Oct 2017 at 1:43pm MG wrote:
Not over-reacting at all, but parking wardens don't operate on Sundays, and there are in any case no set restrictions on Ham Lane as far as I can tell. I know nothing about the ownership of Ham Lane, but somebody (just about) maintains the roadway.
How about letting their tyres down?
On 3 Oct 2017 at 1:49pm Tom wrote:
Need them to operate evenings and weekends as well just to enforce no parking on double yellows and stuff like this. It's become a joke living in the center of town with the number of people who just dont care
On 3 Oct 2017 at 3:18pm The Greek wrote:
Municipal waste tips are run at a county level.
On 3 Oct 2017 at 6:31pm Gary Lineker wrote:
Yeah, ban Sunday league football. Great idea.
On 3 Oct 2017 at 6:49pm @gary wrote:
Don't be a drama queen, just ban the cars from parking and blocking the road so that people have to drive over the grass verge to pass them. Constant two way stream of traffic all day, surely even the average Sunday football player can work out it'll destroy what little remains of the verge?

On 3 Oct 2017 at 7:24pm Football player wrote:
Where do you think the football players should park?
On 3 Oct 2017 at 7:39pm Rugger wrote:
Football player: they could walk. And if that's difficult, they could go to a nearby car park and walk from there.
On 3 Oct 2017 at 7:45pm Community club idiots wrote:
Build a football pitch with no parking facilities. Useless decision making. You hear visiting teams wondering what is going on when the Sussex downs car park opposite is completely empty and locked. The club couldn't even negotiate to open up the car park with the local college. I say privatise the club and bring back proper decision making...none of this community nonsense
On 3 Oct 2017 at 8:02pm Mikes motors wrote:
Football types are generally thick, selfish muppets who think they are cool. They are not and will do as they please. I think the tyre idea might get the point home.
On 3 Oct 2017 at 8:10pm Park wrote:
There's a car park outside the football ground. We used to park there and walk the 5 mins to the Astro pitches. Can't believe people are happy to play footie for an hour or two but can't be arsed with the walk or too tight to pay two quid. When the huge recycling lorry rips off the side of their cars trying to squeeze through to the tip they'll soon get the message.
On 3 Oct 2017 at 8:13pm Warden covered in paint wrote:
A traffic warden got a cam of paint chucked over him by a painter and decorator on West St in Brighton yesterday, poor bloke.. link to the Argus story below

Check it out here »
On 3 Oct 2017 at 8:32pm Makes motors wrote:
Paint could easily get spilled on these cars, an accident of course on way to tip..
On 3 Oct 2017 at 9:28pm Can not cam wrote:
Obviously
On 3 Oct 2017 at 10:19pm Jude wrote:
Is there not a large car park at the end of cockshut rd. Or is that a few steps too far
On 3 Oct 2017 at 10:50pm Deja Vu wrote:
They used to park on the verge but in the last 2-3 months they've taken to parking in the road so people have to drive along the verge, presumably because they made it full of potholes using it to park on, why don't people have some consideration, at least attempt to park in a way that doesn't block the road?
Or as others have said pay to park at the car park (but don't park in the single track part of the road). You can get spray paint that washes off, I am tempted to spray a line down them all with the wash off able paint, might be enough of a shock to make them stop while causing no damage.
On 4 Oct 2017 at 11:24am Seagull wrote:
It seems to be Brighton fans who park there too then get the train to Falmer. Not sure what can be done though.
On 4 Oct 2017 at 11:51am Stig wrote:
@Seagull, I'm pretty sure it's the people that are 100 yards away playing in the nets.
It's every week not just when a match is on, normally 4 or 5 cars parked at the end (opposite the college car park) and 4 or 5 people running around the field.
They clearly don't want to park on the verge/potholes (meanwhile the rest of us are forced to drive over them due to them blocking the road).
On 4 Oct 2017 at 12:26pm mata wrote:
You lot are bleedin' saints ( google stigmata )

On 8 Oct 2017 at 2:20pm Horseman7 wrote:
This morning the Veolia lorry got stuck because of selfish / entitled / stupid parking. The police were there trying to get people to move their cars.

17 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Ann of Cleves 2:132
Ann of Cleves

This site availability is not widely known and is obviously another useful means of contacting a GP unless you have an emergency... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington