Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Parking outside schools

 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 3:51pm Angry dad wrote:
I see the filthy shi*ehawk parking attendants have started doing patrols outside schools at picking up time. I've just had a really nice chat with this particularly obnoxious piece of pondlife who was not prepared to give parents a bit of time to pick their little ones up.
What on earth inspires and drives these vermin ?. This particular one was fairly young, dark black hair, tall and thin and he wouldn't listen to reason at all.
Just hope i see him out in the town one friday evening
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 4:07pm Narker wrote:
How far from the school do you live Angry dad?
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 4:13pm And... wrote:
There obviously wouldn't be a problem with the Parking attendents being there if people didn't park illegally!
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 4:23pm angry dad wrote:
about a mile and a half Narker. we walk to school am but because i don't finnish work until 2.45pm, and then i have to get back from brighton, i don't have the chance to go home then walk up the school.
And...
how constructive of you, i can only presume that you're either one of the vile pieces of s**t or you're related to one.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 4:28pm another dad wrote:
That's a shame. I get the impression the blue meanies have been instructed to avoid school areas for half an hour at drop-off/pick up time, as I never see them now at St Pancras. Or is that just plain stupid? I think allowing 20 mins parking in the morning and afternoon would be a good idea.

PS I also often drive my 4 year old to school Narker. from cliffe to st pancras is a bit of a walk for his wee legs all the way up the hill, esp. if we're in a rush.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 4:39pm Angry dad wrote:
This happened outside St pancras today. usually, the wardens give us a bit of time and they're ok but this particular creature was extremely arrogant.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 4:40pm lollypop wrote:
serves you right mate dont park where you are not to .its for the saftey of your kids park a little further away and walk a little, the traffic wardens are only doing what they are paid to do and no i am not related to one you are the pratt not them .
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 4:49pm angry dad wrote:
I was parked in a residential parking bay....no danger to the kids, no spaces anywhere else. get your facts right before opening your mouth next time.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 4:56pm Narker wrote:
It's always interesting how some people think the rules shouldn't apply to them. I bet they're really hot on other people obeying the rules though. In fact probably proper little martinets when it involves others.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 4:57pm And... wrote:
How rude you are, I can't imagine how you managed to fall out with him, what a nice example for the children you must be!!
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 4:59pm Angry dad wrote:
It's about giving people 10 minutes to pick your (young) kids up from school, not the end of the world, not a hanging offence. Are you a member of the Nazi party Narker ?
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 5:14pm School Runner wrote:
I am with you Angry Dad, a bit of common sense shouldnt be that hard to apply. And as for these 'serves you right because you broke the law' idiots, have none of them ever done anything even slightly illegal ? It is illegal to drive over the speed limit for instance, whether that be by 2 mph or 20 mph, but if any of them got three points for driving at 72 on a motorway you can bet your life they would start crying about it and expecting a bit of leniency.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 5:43pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I'm all in favour of this particular bit of parking enforcement. I have seen absolutely imbecilic behaviour by parents dropping off kids for Wallands and St Pancras schools.
Only this morning, a kind lorry driver left room for the cars to exit from Mount Harry Road while the pedestrian lights were green. The driver of the first car pulled out, then stopped 3' out from the kerb to drop off precious Jocasta or Tarquin, blocking the way for the traffic in both directions.
If I had my way there'd be no stopping within 500 yards of any school. The exercise would do them all good.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 5:48pm Angry dad wrote:
Totally agree about the stopping, but if you read all the posts on here, it's about parking. leaving your car in a residents parking bay for 10 minutes whilst you quickly pop down to the playground to pick your 5 year old up. It's not always about excercise either, sometimes, people are juggling buggies and toddlers whilst having to pick their other kids up.
I suppose you're going to suggest restrictions on the amount of kids we're supposed to have next FFS
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 5:48pm Narker wrote:
I see Angry Dad has turned to the last resort of the hopeless - accusations of being a Nazi. Why don't you just stick to the rules that have been made to ensure there is a smooth and safe flow of traffic and don't just look at the world through your own prism?
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 6:13pm wrote:
Angry dad, give up with trying to defend your case - it falls upon deaf ears around here as they're all do-gooders who love to have a dig at people who are just asking for a bit of lea way. Your only justice is knowing that one day, they will find themselves in a bit of a hurry and resist temptation and double park for a quick dash in the shops, which will prick their conscious for having a pop at you. Hypocritical morons. Get your school to write to the Parking Shop and ask them to back off. If parents are moaning about safety of cars too close to the school entrance, then they should have more control of their kids and not let them run around in the road. After all, it is a ROAD!!!
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 6:16pm Ex 4x4 school run mum wrote:
Hey, where did my name go???
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 6:38pm And... wrote:
I posted this earlier and it got lost in the thread: How rude you are Angry Dad, I can't imagine how you managed to fall out with him, what a nice example for the children you must be!!
To be perfectly honest I have never parked illegally and I don't believe I would unless there was an emergency (I'm talking Hospital dash, not wanting to get as close to a school as possible!). Makes you wonder how our parents used to cope without cars doesn't it, we all had to walk to school!!
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 6:45pm oldgreyone wrote:
Get out your bloody cars and walk lazy bloody lot good for the parking attendants. No wonder all the kids are to fat.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 6:50pm Angry dad wrote:
read the posts "oldgreyone". Bloody hell there's some seriously ignorant people on here who are quite happy to preach from their high horses but not read the reasons why some people can't avoid picking their kids up by car. Again, i don't finnish work until 2.45 and by the time i get back from Brighton, i don't have the time to go home then walk the 1.5 miles to the school.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 6:52pm paige wrote:
Good for u oldgreyone. Angry dad must be one of these people who is classed as not a good examaple to his kids.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 6:52pm blakey wrote:
well said oldgreyone most kids are to fat and a bit of execise will do them a world of good and less pollution from your cars better still use the bus if you do have to travel a long way and yes there are buses and most are on time
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 6:54pm oldgreyone wrote:
Why havwe kids when you don't have time for them????????
Good god my mum and dad both worked hard but we still had to walk or get the bus to and from school never went in the car.
Its just a lazy world we live in today with nothing but perfetic excuses.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 6:55pm mr happy wrote:
I thought that in Lewes there was a catchment for schools whereby you have to live right on top of the school to get in it? Which school was this at?
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 7:07pm Hard working mum wrote:
oldgreyone, you don't have kids. Lazy world for some - maybe. However, most of these people in their cars have to WORK to make ends meet so their kids can be taught that money must be earned, not handed out by the government. Then again, we could just sponge off the government and spend our benefits on booze and fags and make the kids walk home cos we're too pissed to drive!
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 7:08pm oldgreyone wrote:
pathetic
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 7:13pm oldgreyone wrote:
Rubbish how do you know how many kids i have or don't have for a start.......... How do you know i don't work ........... bet i work harder than any of you lot put together.............Scum of the earth people who spend their benifits on booze and fags scum of the earth....... and so will your kids be if you don't teach them how to walk and be healthy and not rely on their mum and dad all the time they also will not learn that you work for a living as they can just sponge of mummy and daddy.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 7:15pm oldgreyone wrote:
Poor bloody kids having parents like you lot
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 7:32pm And... wrote:
We live in a world where people are too busy now, if your jobs don't fit in with your children you need to change your job or get a childminder to meet them from school, it isn't really an excuse for parking illegally. I don't think you got the response you expected on this forum did you! And it's not because we are all so up ourselves it's because we all have busy lives but don't think it's a good enough reason not to find a proper parking space!
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 7:57pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
There seem to be too extremes on this thread. I do get fed up with some of the parents who always pick their kids up by car from Wallands - I know most of them live less than 10 minutes' walk from the school. I always walk when I can, however there are some occasions when I have to use a car.


I had a back problem recently and it just wasn't feasible for me to wheel child no.2 up the hill, so I had to use my car. I really don't see what the problem is with people parking for ten minutes.


The attendants are simply doing this because it's an easy way of getting their commission. The Council encourage this because it's a nice little earner.


Perhaps the answer is to give people the option of buying parking vouchers that entitle them to park outside the school OCCASIONALLY. This would ensure that the lard-arses get off their backsides and walk to school without penalising those people who have a genuine reason for using the car, like driving a child to a medical appointment or lesson, or even daring to feel unwell.

 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 8:19pm Angry of Lewes (Retd) wrote:
And...you really are a tw@ - get a childminder (with what funds? fresh air) park further away and walk (that can mean parking over amile away?) change your job? (yeah yeah yeah how EASY that is) tw@
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 8:21pm extream wrote:
two schools of thought here, the parking scheme is unpopular to say the least, they are only doing their jobs, but targeting select groups rather than making the town work, which they dont, im sure nothing will come from all our hot air, unless we all pull together and attack the right channels, so why dont we share a common goal and get this sorted ?
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 8:38pm And... wrote:
I didn't say it was easy but I know a lot of people that have to work and look after children, they can't even afford to run cars but they always manage to sort out their children. Lots of parents share the school run but that would mean getting on with other parents. The point is don't whinge when you are breaking the law and people are just doing trying to do their job, how are they the ones always in the wrong!!!
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 8:41pm Pondlife wrote:
Well angry dad why don't you say this to my face next time i'm outside the school instead of behind my back??
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 8:42pm Pondlife wrote:
scumbag
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 8:42pm Pondlife wrote:
Did you say this to the young lad to his face or are you just bigging it up on the internet?
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 8:46pm Midnight Rambler wrote:
Angry of dad is the lard-arse you're talking about Earl of Lewes.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 8:52pm anon wrote:
Its s s..t job and some one's got to do it I suppose. I would rather be a street sweeper than a parking warden - at least I'd be doing something good for the community.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 8:57pm pondlife wrote:
I didn't put the second post saying "scumbag" by the way.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 9:12pm Stargazer wrote:
They don't get commission. How many times until that information computes itself into your so-called "brain"?
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 9:16pm Pericles wrote:
Sorry Angry Dad but you are in the wrong, not the warden. 10 minutes? For a start I bet it wasn't 10 minutes and even if it was only 2 minutes then its still illegal. You have inconvinienced the residents who pay to park in those spaces and the warden was 100% in the right to get you to move on. You parked illegally, get over it or shut up. And no I'm not a warden I just use my brains and common sense when I park. How selfish can you get.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 9:20pm frankie wrote:
The attendants don't work on commission. You need to get your facts right there? They earn a wage to support their families in the same way you do. They have to do as they are told or be sacked so if they are told target the schools that is what they must do. They are there to up hold the law in the same way police are. If someone breaks the law they must pay the consequences. Law enforcement is there for a reason. If we had no laws to follow what a terrible world it would be. If everyone abide the law what a wonderful world it would be but no we have to have some prats that will go to no lengths to make things as difficult as they can teach their kids no morals what's so ever so that it just carries on and on. Like oldgreyone said stop using pathetic excuses and teach your kids how to walk to school and be healthy instead of growing up to be big fat slobs.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 9:23pm frankie wrote:
The attendants don't work on commission. You need to get your facts right there? They earn a wage to support their families in the same way you do. They have to do as they are told or be sacked so if they are told target the schools that is what they must do. They are there to up hold the law in the same way police are. If someone breaks the law they must pay the consequences. Law enforcement is there for a reason. If we had no laws to follow what a terrible world it would be. If everyone abide the law what a wonderful world it would be but no we have to have some prats that will go to no lengths to make things as difficult as they can teach their kids no morals what's so ever so that it just carries on and on. Like oldgreyone said stop using pathetic excuses and teach your kids how to walk to school and be healthy instead of growing up to be big fat slobs.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 9:23pm are they wrote:
PARKING attendents they are not, they have no local knowledge, they can not help you park its not their job, they can not control traffic, so can we re name them for what they are, fine inposers, i know if you park correctly there will be no problem simple, so lets all try that and give them no revenue,
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 9:26pm Joely wrote:
The wardens ARE doing something for the community. Life without parking enforcement...you'd soon be complaing.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 9:27pm Hedwig wrote:
Well said frankie
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 9:35pm Stargazer wrote:
Actually, it is their job. Try learning something about it next time before opening your mouth.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 9:57pm A school teacher wrote:
Here !Here!I have seen first hand the streams of cars taking the little darlings to school.Use their legs, they were there long before cars!No parking outside school means just that.What makes you think the laws only apply to other people?
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 10:06pm Pericles wrote:
Exactly my point, the parking laws in lewes apply to everyone, even if you don't like them then you still have to abide by them. Picking up his kids from school doesn't give him the right to park wherever you fancy. What a very aggressive and nasty man he sounds.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 10:12pm juliet99 wrote:
yes why so aggressive? All he was doing what his job. You parked somewhere you shouldnt and he got you to move. How on earth does that make him vermin?? You sound like a right nasty piece of work.
 
 
On 11 May 2009 at 10:45pm The Tooth Fairy wrote:
You have my deepest sympathy AD. Ignore these tyrants, I doubt any of them have children, or a car for that matter.
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 8:16am Ashley wrote:
Half the congestion on the roads today is due to lazy parents running their kids to school. How environmentally friendly is that. Got more than one kid to deal with have you bet its no more than 3? Got buggies to deal with as well have u? How the bloody hell do you think your own mums and dads managed and your grandparents? I bet they had more than four kids with great big prams to manage but they still managed to get all their kids of to school either walking them or on the bus. You might find it easier to walk with your buggies to manage all you need to do is put your kid in the buggies and walk how hard is that or go in the car first fold the buggie into car put kid in safety seat drive to school get all kids out car get buggie out unfold it get kids strapped in. Take kid to school get back to car get kids out buggie strap in safety seat fold buggie up put it in car. Which sounds the easier to you. WALKING WITHOUT A DOUBT
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 9:22am No Pot Pourri wrote:
Why not introduce a voucher for between say 50p and a pound to park for up to 20 mins? This will be a disincentive to those who live nearby but will serve the needs of angry dad, with his busy work schedule.
P.S. I do hope that A school teacher does not teach in this country. The expression is "Hear hear" and a space is required after a full stop and exclamation mark. Poor show.
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 10:07am wanderer wrote:
with ref to pot pourri
current on street parking is 50p per 15mins so it would be £1
I do agree with the wardens we are always slagging them off, but this time they are doing something good protecting OUR children from ppl rushing to park nr schools kids are kids they will be having fun with friends in the morning and sometimes they will lapse concentration. so NO to school parking or at least sleeping policemen its like a race track
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 2:09pm not from around here wrote:
Angry Dad, I'm not keen on parking wardens either and ok so you don't have time to drive from Brighton, to home and then walk to school. But.. here's a revelation, why not let your kids walk home by themselves? Why do you need to pick them up at all?
I used to walk home alone from a very young age - there were always one or two pupils (yes literally one or two) who had to be picked up by their mummy in the Volvo, but all the rest walked. And before you imagine that I grew up in some quiet backwater where there was no traffic - it was actually in central Brighton.
As part of my work I often visit schools and often have to try to park inside the school grounds as the kids are coming out - it is the worst traffic nightmare you can imagine with parents and their badly parked cars causing the very risk to their children they are trying to avoid by picking them up in the first place. I have also been on the receiving end of angry dad's and mum's when i have tried to get them to move so that I can get my vehicle into (or out of) the school grounds.
So, angry Dad, you are right to be irritated with the parking attendants, we all are, but do you REALLY need to pick up your kids at all?
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 2:09pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Parents driving their kids to and from school are the bane of my life in the mornings when I drive to work. I usually get the train but if I have a lot to carry or am going out during the day I'll drive and the amount of cars you see with a parent and a lone child in the back is astounding. The worst offenders in my experience are the Grammer School parents who seem to universally drive massive 4x4s and like to stop exactly opposite the school door, blocking up what is a thin road at the best of times while Quentin gathers his bag and takes five minutes gathering the courage to jump down from the back seat.
I appreciate that some people do need to drive their kids to school or pick them up in the car but why do they need to stop their cars exactly opposite the gate? Would it really be so hard to park a street or so away in one of the many paid parking spots (Rather than a resident bay which quite rightly you have no right to use) and walk the rest of the way?
Parking in Lewes, for all it's detractors is really cheap and I've never once failed to find a space within very reasonable walking distance of where I'm going.
If I was late to get somewhere, that'd be no defence for driving over the speed limit past a school. Laws don't only apply when it suits you.
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 3:02pm wendy wrote:
No he has no right to be angry with the parking attendants what's so ever they are simply doing their jobs trying to stop people obstructing entrances so that people like yourself can enter the school building or their driveways and making sure people don't park where it stops the roads from running freely and are not parked dangerously causing the kids danger so think again those parking attendants are there to help people like yourself. The only people who don't like parking attendants are people who constantly break the law ending up with tickets don't break the law then you will have no need to complain about the poor attendant trying to make everyone else's life's better by doing his job correctly.
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 3:06pm wendy wrote:
I also agree with ashley. I bet you would find it quicker to walk your children to school. Fighting your way through the trafic then finding somewhere legal to park and getting all the kids out and sorting out pushchairs all takes time.
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 3:20pm not from around here wrote:
Not true Wendy, I don't usually park illegally but I still don't see the need to bash people over the head with fines, wardens etc.
I'm just saying to angry dad, use your common-sense and consideration for others and then we would not need the inflexible traffic wardens.
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 3:31pm wendy wrote:
You need the so called inflexible traffic wardens to keep people like him in order coz they don't give a toss if they break the rules or not making others lifes hell.
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 3:40pm not from around here wrote:
Maybe, but do we really want every aspect of life to be 'controlled' and 'regulated'? Isn't it exactly that attitude that has created the idea in the first place that it's somehow too dangerous for kids to simply walk by themselves?
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 4:51pm Angry dad wrote:
Wendy, read my posts. I am not obstructing entrances and im not blocking up the road. Im parking in an empty residents bay for 10 minutes. it's not the crime of the century and im not doing any harm.
All im asking for is a bit of common sense, avoid the schools for half an hour at both ends of the day.
as for blocking up the road, well that isn't a parking attendants responsibility, that's down to the police and PCSO's.
"Not from around here" yeah we're starting to let her walk home but i do have to go to the school as im one of the class reps so have to speak to parents and teachers quickly about events etc.
However, what would you say if i told you my daughter was 5 ? should she still be allowed to walk home on her own (st pancras to the far end of Landport) ?
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 5:46pm wendy wrote:
Ignorant to the core....Don't you hear what people are saying to you. If you don't have time for kids don't have them its that simple. You choose to have kids so you should make it your business to know what that entails. Your life and job should fit around your kids not your kids fit around your life and job. If you fitted around your kids you would have time to walk them to school and have no need to drive your car there adding to the already congested roads.
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 6:11pm angry dad wrote:
What an obnoxious c**t you are Wendy. My daughter does walk to school and my job does fit around her, but you obviously choose not to read those bits.
Back to your pond wendy, it's amaizing how big and bold you can be throwing acusations about peoples lives and their children when sat behind a monitor.
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 6:11pm And... wrote:
Why would they avoid the schools at dropping off and picking up times.... they are running a business it's obviously the sensible time to go there! Der!!!!
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 6:44pm Narker wrote:
Angry Dad wrote: 'i do have to go to the school as im one of the class reps so have to speak to parents and teachers quickly about events etc.'
So it's getting a bit clearer now. This few minutes to pick up the kids has now turned into having to talk to parents and teachers about a series of things - that sounds like a 'meeting' to me. And it sounds like Angry Dad is a bit self-important about being a 'class rep' and thinks that entitles him to parking privileges.
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 7:13pm Stargazer wrote:
When will you get it into your head AD? YOU ARE OBSTRUCTING RESIDENTS WHO HAVE PAID TO PARK IN THOSE SPACES BY YOUR SELFISH PARKING AND THE WARDEN WAS RIGHT TO MOVE YOU ON! No its not the crime of the century but its still illegal and you shouldn't be so inconsiderate!!
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 7:27pm Angry dad wrote:
Are you simple or something stargazer ? Are you a thickton ?
As ive said, the residents bays have empty spaces in, if a resident came back, i'd happily move to another empty residents space.
This is great innit
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 7:28pm Neutralia wrote:
Sorry, you lot are the adults?
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 8:11pm sid wrote:
if your kids got run over out side the school you would what them there, wouldnt you .so shut up you mug.....
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 8:34pm wendy wrote:
It seems to me that you are the only What an obnoxious c**t around here angry dad. I have read your posts you say
(we walk to school am but because i don't finnish work until 2.45pm, and then i have to get back from brighton, i don't have the chance to go home then walk up the school.)
Ok that's fair enough so you walk to school but you don't have time after school this would imply that you don't have a job that fits in with your kids and so therefore you seem to be fitting your kids life's around yours and not yours around theirs.
(I was parked in a residential parking bay....no danger to the kids, no spaces anywhere else. get your facts right before opening your mouth next time.)
Ok fair enough you made sure you park with no danger but parking in a residents bay is not on they paid for the privilege to park there and then get prats like you hogging it up for free when they want park after a long hard day at work. Not on that's why the parking attendant was right to move you on.
(It's about giving people 10 minutes to pick your (young) kids up from school, not the end of the world, not a hanging offence.)
If you had a job that fitted in with the school times then you would not need ten mins to park your car as you could then walk keeping your children healthy and in shape. Ten mins more than often is more than ten mins and is most inconsiderate to those who are legally able to park their.
(read the posts "oldgreyone". Bloody hell there's some seriously ignorant people on here who are quite happy to preach from their high horses but not read the reasons why some people can't avoid picking their kids up by car. Again, i don't finish work until 2.45 and by the time i get back from Brighton, i don't have the time to go home then walk the 1.5 miles to the school.)
The only ignorant one i can see here is you.
Yet again this tells us that your kids have to fit in with you and not the other way around.
Need i go on you are just an ignorant arrogant obnoxious thug that has no consideration for others and i pity your poor children having a father like you for an example
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 8:35pm wendy wrote:
It seems to me that you are the only What an obnoxious c**t around here angry dad. I have read your posts you say
(we walk to school am but because i don't finnish work until 2.45pm, and then i have to get back from brighton, i don't have the chance to go home then walk up the school.)
Ok that's fair enough so you walk to school but you don't have time after school this would imply that you don't have a job that fits in with your kids and so therefore you seem to be fitting your kids life's around yours and not yours around theirs.
(I was parked in a residential parking bay....no danger to the kids, no spaces anywhere else. get your facts right before opening your mouth next time.)
Ok fair enough you made sure you park with no danger but parking in a residents bay is not on they paid for the privilege to park there and then get prats like you hogging it up for free when they want park after a long hard day at work. Not on that's why the parking attendant was right to move you on.
(It's about giving people 10 minutes to pick your (young) kids up from school, not the end of the world, not a hanging offence.)
If you had a job that fitted in with the school times then you would not need ten mins to park your car as you could then walk keeping your children healthy and in shape. Ten mins more than often is more than ten mins and is most inconsiderate to those who are legally able to park their.
(read the posts "oldgreyone". Bloody hell there's some seriously ignorant people on here who are quite happy to preach from their high horses but not read the reasons why some people can't avoid picking their kids up by car. Again, i don't finish work until 2.45 and by the time i get back from Brighton, i don't have the time to go home then walk the 1.5 miles to the school.)
The only ignorant one i can see here is you.
Yet again this tells us that your kids have to fit in with you and not the other way around.
Need i go on you are just an ignorant arrogant obnoxious thug that has no consideration for others and i pity your poor children having a father like you for an example
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 9:23pm demon 2 wrote:
it will end soon then we can be happy again you see trust me
 
 
On 12 May 2009 at 10:30pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Well it would certainly make sense to think, Can I afford them,Can I juggle a job, getting kids to school etc.Seems to me that children are losing out a lot.,in many ways.Our parents managed perfectly well without all the luxuries.Get your priorities right.Put the children first!
 
 
On 13 May 2009 at 1:46pm Resident wrote:
Having read all of the above I am amazed by the amount of crap that some people come out with. Just because someone picks up his kids from school by car, he has been accused of being self important, rude, aggressive, nasty, lazy, a government sponger etc..etc... Furthermore because he has used his car it somehow means he is not a good parent and cares more about his job than his children !! How many other people (men especially) walk their kids to school and then finish work at 2.45 so that they can pick them up rather than leaving them to a childminder I am wondering ? So, he parked in a residents bay for Gods sake, big deal - he didnt kill anyone or send his children out cleaning chimneys. If those residents were at home they would have been parked there, and if they were at work (as they probably were), then they will have taken their cars with them - so who is the loser here ? Nobody. Is there even anything to say that the parking space was limited to only residents in any case ? I doubt it very much. As for those people saying we should go back to doing what our parents did, well I am afraid times have changed since then (there was no parking scheme for a start) . I dont suppose those wonderfull pillars of society would subscribe to that way of life if it meant having to do without all the little luxuries they themselves enjoy that their parents didn't have. Still, I dont suppose that any of them have to juggle having kids and working to provide for them anyway.
 
 
On 13 May 2009 at 2:15pm Narker wrote:
I thought it was funny how Angry Dad changed his name to Resident.
 
 
On 13 May 2009 at 4:12pm EX PARKING ATTENDENT wrote:
Because most people are parking properly ncp management have decided to go after easier targets.ie schools at pick up time and going home time i was told on several occasions to visit schools at these times of the day i did but did nothing as i thought this was unfair. It is ncp (or nsl as now known) trying to get there numbers up


This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one


 

Commercial Square programme 31:132
Commercial Square programme

Ugh, you give TP an inch and he takes a mile with eugenics and other wackadoodle stuff. I do sense though that the power is... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde