Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Parking fine near charity shop by Waitrose

On 8 Apr 2016 at 1:30pm James wrote:
I dropped something off at St Peter & St James charity shop. I had a disabled badge so thought it OK on a double yellow line for just two minutes. Slammed with a 100 fine. This is extortion.
On 8 Apr 2016 at 2:02pm Jennifer wrote:
There are double yellow lines on the kerb there as well, meaning absolutely no loading or unloading at any time by anyone.
On 8 Apr 2016 at 2:09pm Jeff wrote:
Did you get nicked by an NCP Parking Attendant or by the dodgey company that rips people off for parking outside Laura Ashley?
If it's the latter just ignore it
On 8 Apr 2016 at 2:55pm Tipex wrote:
People with valid disabled badges can park on double yellow lines in accordance with the rules. Appeal it.
On 8 Apr 2016 at 4:37pm Take Responsibility wrote:
Clearly you did not just drop someone off...you must have got out of the car, left it and returned later...are you actually disabled?
On 8 Apr 2016 at 4:43pm Take The P wrote:
Clearly they did not drop someone off - they dropped something off . Are you actually disabled or just myopic? Kind regards, the P taker.
On 8 Apr 2016 at 8:06pm Pete the Pedant wrote:
Caught bang to rights.
On 8 Apr 2016 at 9:37pm Judge Dread wrote:
If they take it to court, I strongly doubt that any magistrate would support this absurd action.
On 9 Apr 2016 at 8:12am Jonny wrote:
If it was issued by Capital 2 Coast(someting like that) and is called a parking charge notice, use it as a firelighter. I've had upwards of 10 of these. They send a flurry of paper for a couple of months threatening testicle removal etc then silence. Ignore and sleep soundly in you bed.
On 9 Apr 2016 at 8:58am Metatron wrote:
A good deed repayed by a bad one, sometimes you just have to wonder.
On 9 Apr 2016 at 11:32am Reality wrote:
I notice Uckfield has the same A holes administering car parking there now, RIP Uckfield
On 9 Apr 2016 at 12:05pm Nosey Parker wrote:
In what sense is this area a car park? Just because bits of the private land is painted up to look like a set of parking spaces, doesn't mean anything. It's private land masquerading as a car park. Does anyone know whether it is possible to turn up with a car and park on this patch of ground without being mugged for a 100 charge. If this was any other product that was being offered for sale, Trading Standards would pursue them for an offence against the Trades Descriptions Act. No way is this land a car park.
On 9 Apr 2016 at 3:15pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
Who are these people who mysteriously appear and put tickets on the cars? Do they lie in wait all day or is it just the luck of the draw?
On 9 Apr 2016 at 7:03pm Convenient wrote:
@Earl of lewes ....you get the ticket in the post some days later
On 10 Apr 2016 at 1:29am Dexter wrote:
Can anyone actualy inform us where the camera that takes these pictures is?
I've sat in the car there a couple of times and have not been done. I count myself lucky considering the constant stream of stories on this forum.
It's a bit of a sport for me now as I stand there outside Laura Ashley looking for the camera that causes so much missery.
I can't see anything that covers the complete area there and have come to the conclusion that this cash cow is a surreptitious parasite and not a fixed feature. I could be wrong and often am....
On 10 Apr 2016 at 7:28am Earl of Lewes wrote:
Oh, it's a camera - sorry, I was being a bit thick. In that case, I'll just just cover the number plates up.
On 10 Apr 2016 at 8:10am Oldbutintouch wrote:
They look like small black plastic domes. There is one camera on the wall above the back of the precinct shops, and one on the north wall of Laura Ashley. Object to Waitrose, they own the site.
On 16 Sep 2016 at 11:10am Mary Collins wrote:
i have been caught twice within a week - i had no idea this was monitored by a camera - an incredibly sneaky form of surveillance and subsequent fining... i have appealed and got a very long letter back saying my appeal is not valid and they threaten debt recovery if i dont pay... help! any advice from anyone in my situation???

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Burning Crosses 16:132
Burning Crosses

Shoobie, doobie, do wop Pop, pop, shoo wop Shoobie, doobie, do wop Pop, pop, shoo wop Thank you BBC more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde