Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Parking

On 16 May 2011 at 12:05pm Mr Forks wrote:
Is it true that ESCC want to charge residents to park in Neville, Landport and Malling??! If so then I hope the new Town Councillors will resist this punitive tax?!

On 16 May 2011 at 1:14pm Penguin wrote:
If they do this on the Neville, where are all those people who work at County Hall going to park ?

On 16 May 2011 at 1:17pm Matt Kent wrote:
@Mr Forks. I haven't seen or heard anything about this yet. I have been speaking to ESCC about other parking issues on behalf of the residents of St.Thomas' in Cliffe and I have asked John Robbins (Project Manager of ESCC Parking Review) when the conclusions of the ongoing Parking Review will be published publically. He reckons around June, but you could call him on 482236 to see what is being considered at this stage. Cheers - Matt

On 16 May 2011 at 1:45pm Paul Newman wrote:
They surely wouldn`t dare! I had this in London and the way they work it is to start in central areas who appreciate being given cheap parking. That moves parking outwards so as to put pressure on the next band of residents until finally they inflict an intolerable situation on the ones at the edge who are simply taxed to park where they parked anyway for nothing. At each stage a " Consultation", is held at a point when it can only produce one answer. Even if you have a drive as we do they get you every time anyone visits.
The thing to do is to resist together and early they will keep everything as quiet as possible and you will find at no stage is the overall plan made clear.
There is no mandate for any such additional taxation, which is all it is, but don`t wait until they get to you it requires a united front of non -cooperation and the identification of those who are responsible ensuring they personally suffer. All too often a nice little earner running the new fat empire awaits.It will be called " Environmental ...something" and pay some fat fool to sit around issuing leaflets coloured green. John Robbins is it ?
How happy one feels about t Green Councillor being responsible for the interests of motorists I am far from certain. Travellers yes . Motorists ..we`ll see

On 16 May 2011 at 1:52pm Paul Newman wrote:
PS .. where did you hear that Mr. Forks ?

On 16 May 2011 at 1:58pm MC wrote:
Just a reminder to point out that the consultations were entirely inadequate. Sufficient notice not given (and in the case of Barcombe no notice at all) and the consultation carried out by a company with close historic links to the administrators of the scheme

On 16 May 2011 at 2:11pm Clifford wrote:
Well, there's a turn-up for the books - a Paul Newman comment I agree with 95%.

On 16 May 2011 at 2:21pm Hedley Lamarr wrote:
Same here Clifford - I also agree with PN. I think we all know in our heart of hearts that ESCC don't give a stuff about the people they represent or the views of the majority. They will, yet again, ride rough shod over us all.

On 16 May 2011 at 3:48pm Mr Forks wrote:
A well placed source told me

On 16 May 2011 at 4:45pm Vesbod wrote:
Characters for next bonfire night maybe.....

On 17 May 2011 at 3:34pm bonehead wrote:
is it legal or is there no dress code for traffic wardens incorrectly dressed ie no caps on when booking the poor driver

On 17 May 2011 at 7:42pm sceptic wrote:
Why only poor drivers the rich have got as much right to know.

On 17 May 2011 at 8:56pm MC wrote:
Yes, and us middling class drivers have rights too you know.

On 17 May 2011 at 8:56pm historyman wrote:
they dont have to wear them in the summer, that is what I was told..

On 18 May 2011 at 6:47am sceptic wrote:
Who cares what they wear as long as they leave me alone. And as for you Bonehead get a life and if you saw this incident and thought it illegal then I hope you informed this so called poor driver.

On 18 May 2011 at 9:16am Vesbod wrote:
Hear, hear sceptic...

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Cross 67:132
Lewes Cross

I'm grateful for Nevillman starting this discussion and being so generous as to refer back to me. My delay in saying anything... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like The Grange Gardens, and the way the teashop has the most odd mixture of china from the charity shops
Jojo