Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Parked like a c___

On 20 Sep 2016 at 5:37pm Photographer wrote:
In Station Street during rush hour. Pedestrians forced to walk out into oncoming traffic whilst owner skulked in dirty looking white house with black wood beams on other side of the road.

On 20 Sep 2016 at 6:22pm Skulker wrote:
C U again next Tuesday. Same time same place.
On 20 Sep 2016 at 7:02pm Pedestrian wrote:
Too many people are inconsiderate ***** and park wherever and however they like.
On 20 Sep 2016 at 7:04pm PC Plod wrote:
A bit like the young lady who was parked for 10 minutes this afternoon, whilst on the phone, at the junction Cliffe High Street and Malling Street. She was actually half way across the junction and was ablivious to the conjestion she was causing.
On 20 Sep 2016 at 7:37pm Rookie wrote:
A few years ago I spotted my own car parked just like that outside Lloyds Bank. That day it was supposed to be in Morris Road Garage for repairs. Never been back there since.
On 20 Sep 2016 at 9:48pm Where are they wrote:
PCSO should be onto this but you never see them....
On 20 Sep 2016 at 11:01pm Woody wrote:
Not defending the driver as such, but Lewes streets were built before cars were invented.
Awkward for everyone in this day and age.
On 20 Sep 2016 at 11:08pm Photographer wrote:
There were two unnocupied loading bays just 20m above him. No excuses, he was a c___.
On 20 Sep 2016 at 11:33pm Pedestrian wrote:
But there is a pavement on each side of the road. Surely, instead of walking in the road, the pedestrian should safely cross to the other side and use the other footpath. It's not rocket science, just common sense!
On 21 Sep 2016 at 6:07am Towney wrote:
They shouldn't have to, pedestrian
On 21 Sep 2016 at 6:25am Photographer wrote:
Funny, but no one did that, all choosing to enter into the traffic once, rather than twice. The really bad thing about the way this ar****** parked was that all the pedestrians were forced to walk out into the traffic from in front of the van, such that to see if there was traffic coming the pedestrians had to already be in the road. Very dangerous.
The snivelling little c___ of a driver hiding in the top right room of that building (see open window) left his van there for nearly an hour.
On 21 Sep 2016 at 7:49am Earl of Lewes wrote:
@Photographer - Report this to the Operation Crackdown website. The fact that you have photographic evidence will really help. They'll get a warning and if they're caught again, an instant conviction. I've reported the odd boy racer and it does seem to have made a difference.
On 21 Sep 2016 at 8:45am Y-stand-by wrote:
There is a certain aggressive tone in photographer's posts towards this individual, yet I'm curious as to whether it would still be evident if confronting said driver face to face, eye to eye ? And, knowing where the driver was residing during this little escapade, why standby instead of knocking on the front door of said residence to point out the parking misdemeanor there and then to resolve the problem. Surely that would have been the most sensible solution rather than taking a photo and resorting to abusive and foul language online for all to read, or worse still, wait for an accident to happen. Mr C might not have been the C he is painted as here, but may have been very amiable and only to pleased to be shown how his actions in parking in this manner could be very dangerous to pedestrians and moved the vehicle immediately. And oddly, it's rush hour. Where are the traffic queues, the road looks deserted ?
On 21 Sep 2016 at 9:38am A Person wrote:
Why stand by? Well mainly because the Blue Meanies are all over town like a rash ticketing vehicles who've run out of time but are causing no obstruction, when they really could be keeping the traffic moving. It's true of the High St as well. Of course it's difficult finding somewhere to stop, but an hour blocking the pavement on a double yellow is way out of order. A wheelchair user or someone with a child in a pushchair would be forced right out into the face of oncoming traffic, so why on earth hasn't the driver been challenged by someone in authority? I know we don't have police any more, but a traffic warden (or whatever they're called nowadays) could have sorted this out pretty swiftly.
On 21 Sep 2016 at 9:48am Dixie Normus wrote:
Y-stand-by - Don't be a GRASS!
On 21 Sep 2016 at 10:33am @photographer wrote:
Why come on here and tell a handful of people that read the Lewes Forum?
Why the photograph? That's a bit sneaky
Why the spiteful remark about the house and the driver?
Why not knock and ask the driver politely to move after pointing out the problems he/she is causing?
On 21 Sep 2016 at 2:06pm Lewes Voter 3 wrote:
I know where that van driver works.
On 21 Sep 2016 at 3:16pm A Person wrote:
@photographer: I think the answer to your question lies in my answer above. There are no police or CEOs (aka traffic wardens) anywhere who will do anything. I'm not about to tackle a random angry bloke about his selfish (and illegal) parking, because my taxes are meant to pay people to do that for me. We are repeatedly advised not be vigilantes, and to leave that to the "authorities".

The random angry bloke would give two fingers to all of this, except that he's been outed because of the photograph. Maybe he'll decide not to do it again, and maybe being outed on the forum will have the same effect that a copper nicking him would have had instead. I hope so.
On 21 Sep 2016 at 5:42pm @A Person wrote:
Where does it say it was a man?
Could have been a woman
One of those binary thingies
Or someone transitioning
Very sexist of you
On 21 Sep 2016 at 5:51pm Photographer wrote:
He was a bloke. He kep looking out of the window. I shouted at him to move his car. He told me to f*** off. I was in a hurry to get home for guests.
Is that OK? If I sound angry that's because I am. :-)
On 21 Sep 2016 at 5:55pm A Person wrote:
I read the previous comments. The OP said it was a him. I drew the obvious conclusion. Very logical of me.
On 21 Sep 2016 at 6:01pm Y not be a wrote:
Y front yourself ?
On 21 Sep 2016 at 7:14pm Sussex Jim wrote:
An hour gives one plenty of time to write a rant on a sheet of A4 (or bigger) and glue it on the driver's side of the windscreen.
On 21 Sep 2016 at 8:52pm Sussex Dim wrote:
Did you not get the fact he was hurrying home? And do you carry a pen and a sheet of A4 on you? God man. Where do you keep your brains?
On 21 Sep 2016 at 9:03pm Photographer wrote:
@Y-stand-by.
I'm sorry. I thought it would be obvious. The pedestrians could not pass when the traffic was flowing. They had to wait until the traffic lights had changed to green and the queue all gone before loading this cretins car.
I can't see why anyone would try to defend this bloke. He's just an ars****** thats all. Selfish, simple, lowlife.

As I can almost predict the next post I'll add that he kept sticking his head out of the window to shout at those that objected in anyway (yes, I had to go past it three times for reasons too tedious to explain).
On 21 Sep 2016 at 9:22pm Top loader wrote:
Who was loading the car ? I thought he was skulking in the house ?

On 22 Sep 2016 at 6:25am Photographer wrote:
Sorry. Autocorrect error. 'Loading' should have been 'passing'.The car was not being loaded, it was parked.

On 22 Sep 2016 at 10:15am Nibbles wrote:
This is all a bit of an overreaction. If you feel that strongly about this individual parking here, go find a parking enforcement officer and make their day.

I'm not condoning the actions of the individual, but I'm sure if he has this cavalier attitude to parking all the time, he probably has a string of fines and experiences of yellow wheel clamps. Or perhaps he doesn't, and it was an emergency as to why he was parked out there for so long. Maybe if you just knocked on the door and asked politely, we could have known the facts.
On 22 Sep 2016 at 12:33pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
Why should @Photographer have to 'go find' a parking attendant? Is it realistic to expect someone to traipse around town?

On 22 Sep 2016 at 12:45pm Towney wrote:
The latest fantastic phase, although not relevant to this picture, is to cable-tie a shopping trolley to the drivers door handle when they "park like a c___" in a supermarket. The days of writing snotty notes and leaving them on windscreens is gone, they don't work.
Time to bite back against the selfish parking c___s

On 22 Sep 2016 at 12:55pm Don't take no.... wrote:
A simple keying is often more convenient.
On 22 Sep 2016 at 1:10pm Nibbles wrote:
I just feel people are venting their pent-up rage the wrong way. People prefer to moan about it on forums, rather than taking action or initiative. Sure he's taken a photo, but on a forum in a thread viewed by a dozen people, probably all unrelated to traffic/parking enforcement.
I get people want a moan, and thats part of what forums are for, but I'm not sure exactly how effective and therapeutic it is, or if it goes any way to solving the actual issue the OP was moaning about.
On 24 Sep 2016 at 6:50am regain the pavements wrote:
Key it as you walk past, you will never get nicked as its an "Accident" teach the ignorant drivers a lesson.

4 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Spires 80:132
Lewes Spires

You're being obtuse. We weren't talking about ALL households (and you probably knew that already). We were talking about how when... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine