Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Paperchase

On 22 Nov 2012 at 4:57pm Old Cynic wrote:
It was mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago that Paperchase were taking on one of the empty units in the precinct - so far nothing has happened and its not a site listed on the Paperchase website - does anyone know whats going on? It would be really nice to get the shops filled - its looking a bit depressing at the mo!

On 22 Nov 2012 at 5:09pm Merlin Milner wrote:
They seem to be recruiting though.

Check it out here »

On 22 Nov 2012 at 9:41pm the old mayor wrote:
Really Old Cynic three empty shops in Lewes and you find it depressing !! In the 'real world' ie the rest of Britain there are whole High Streets vacant, try going to Margate !! Plus, I think you'll find it takes longer than 3 weeks to get the legals done when leasing premises. Maybe you're just desperate for a packet of envelopes !!

On 23 Nov 2012 at 11:30am Old Cynic wrote:
Old Mayor - why so rude - no need!
I am fully aware of the 'real world' thank you very much. I still find it depressing that a town as wealthy and vibrant as Lewes has empty shops and that no one wants to take them on. I know 'the legals' take time but I expected to see some indication that the store 'was coming'.

On 23 Nov 2012 at 6:34pm sjep76 wrote:
I was told last week that Paperchase will be going into Stead and Simpson after they have ceased trading. They keep getting deliveries for them so it must be true.
I was also told that as Clintons and Julian Graves are still in administration not alot can be done with those 2 shops until that is sorted.

On 23 Nov 2012 at 7:08pm Old Malling wrote:
Sounds like Old Mayor got our of bed on the wrong side! Just becuase other places are worse doesn't mean we should be happy about it!

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

commercial square badge 30:132
commercial square badge

Just noticed. TP started "Quote of the Moment", although it's hard to understand what it's for. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington