Opening in cliffe soon

On 24 Oct 2012 at 8:31am Paul wrote:
Yes - where Clintons was.

On 24 Oct 2012 at 8:45am The Original Interested. wrote:
What will they be selling?

On 24 Oct 2012 at 9:04am jonnyboy wrote:
Stationery, cards and gift-wrap.

On 24 Oct 2012 at 11:02am Old Cynic wrote:
Better than a grafitti covered empty shop - might make Smiths buck up their ideas...
On 24 Oct 2012 at 11:48am Dave wrote:
Every time I go in WH Smiths there's a queue of at least ten people, if I can get what I want from anywhere else I always do.

On 24 Oct 2012 at 12:01pm drone wrote:
I totally agree Dave.
On 24 Oct 2012 at 1:36pm Townie wrote:
Oh just what we need when we have WH Smiths opposite and Sussex Stationers up the hill.
I think the town needs at least another 3 cheese shops

On 24 Oct 2012 at 2:01pm Blip wrote:
Having recently visited Paperchase in Brighton, I think people in Lewes will be pleasantly surprised by the variety of merchandise they sell, particularly greetings cards. Those who patronised Clintons because they had such a good choice of cards celebrating the release of wind from the nether regions may be a little disappointed.

On 24 Oct 2012 at 2:53pm Old Cynic wrote:
In Smiths you could die of old age waiting to be served and Sussex Stationers is just another branch of Smiths that's just a bit more rubbish! There is Mojo of course but unless you are 16 the mechandise isn't up to much.

On 24 Oct 2012 at 4:46pm Petitepois wrote:
I love paperchase!! They sell lots of things that are useful...Blip i agree, people will be pleasently suprised.
On 24 Oct 2012 at 8:16pm the old mayor wrote:
Wasn't there a little Paperchase up the High Street a couple of years ago ? They might notice the difference in rent !!

On 25 Oct 2012 at 12:23am Elsie D wrote:
I hear the store will open at the end of November, with less than 8 weeks until Christmas I think its superb timing!
Great brand with amazing products!
As old Cynic says much "better than a grafitti covered empty shop"!!!

On 25 Oct 2012 at 7:46am Peter wrote:
It's a bit overpriced but much better than smiths or Clintons.
On 25 Oct 2012 at 7:47am Peter wrote:
Really surprised it thinks Lewes big enough to sustain a store - suppose that's good news!

On 25 Oct 2012 at 10:16am belladonna wrote:
What I don't understand is why coffee is so expensive in all the cafes in Lewes, despite the competition. Much pricer than London.

On 25 Oct 2012 at 11:16am boggles wrote:
But WH Smith own the Paperchase brand! It's an interesting development.

On 25 Oct 2012 at 12:59pm Old Cynic wrote:
Boggles - do they really!?
I am now concerned for Argos ....

On 25 Oct 2012 at 1:55pm Joanna wrote:
Paperchase in time for Christmas sounds fab, fed up of queuing in Smiths! Sorry boggles but Smith's do own Paperchase, so like Old Cynic says they need to up there game.
Why argos?

On 25 Oct 2012 at 1:58pm Joanna wrote:
Sorry meant don't own Paperchase, they haven't owned them for years!

On 25 Oct 2012 at 5:33pm Stationery Fiend wrote:
Primary Capital own Paperchase apparently (they also own Yo Sushi). And the stationery shop up the High Street was Pen To Paper, different thing. Paperchase is great and I am looking forward to doing my Xmas shopping there.

16 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Barbican Lewes 7:132
Barbican Lewes

New highly rated management. 2 very good new players signed already and plenty more to come. This season could be very... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell