Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Pancake rolls

On 10 Nov 2017 at 3:12pm Edward Jones wrote:
Does anyone know where to go for the best pancake rolls in the area ?
I love them but don't like them too greasy.
Thanks in advance. Eddie
On 10 Nov 2017 at 3:16pm Precis wrote:
Yummy yummy
On 10 Nov 2017 at 3:19pm Edward wrote:
I ate 10 in 40 minutes once
On 10 Nov 2017 at 3:26pm Hamid Barr wrote:
Wouldn't bother to ask this lot Edward - most are too busy chomping on their sushi, chattering over their Guardians in Bills or patronising the local beggars.
Pedro might be along soon to give you a lecture on diet
On 10 Nov 2017 at 3:27pm Sad Sweet Dreamer wrote:
Ah, those were the days, until some lefty DFL with a copy of the Guardian under his arm and the sort of I-think-I'm-CRAZY-but-I'm-about-as-unpredictable-as-Channel4 clothes that everyone down The Depot wears (where do all those people come from??) decided they should be called Spring Rolls.
Bring back the pancake!
On 10 Nov 2017 at 4:04pm Pedro wrote:
@ hamid barr, you need to attend a lecture on obsessing and trolling people on forums. Followed then by punching yourself in the nuts.
On 10 Nov 2017 at 4:13pm Loosen your grip Hamid wrote:
then you'll do as Pedro suggests. Kind regards.
On 10 Nov 2017 at 4:13pm large eddie wrote:
Pedro he sounds like a wrongun .
Can you help me regarding the pancake rolls ?
On 10 Nov 2017 at 4:14pm Barks wrote:
Pedro ,violence is never the answer I think the moderator on this forum should intervene
On 10 Nov 2017 at 5:03pm Hamid Barr wrote:
Edward - he's a proper wrong 'in.
DFL is a quaint phrase the Lewes lefties use for people that move here from London. The odd thing is they then go on to accuse the DFLs of being exactly like themselves - you know - up their own rectums and very smug
On 10 Nov 2017 at 7:07pm Pedro wrote:
@ Hamid Barr, you seem to thrive off being wrong all the time, very odd. The term "DFL" is bandied about by Lewes residents of varying political persuasions. I've had plenty of extremely unpleasant right-wingers refer to me as a DFL (mostly in my experience)...its hardly exclusive to Lewes liberals....at all!
On 10 Nov 2017 at 7:20pm Hamid Barr wrote:
Pedro's been found out.
"extremely unpleasant right wingers" hahahahahahaha of course they were. Did they have it on a lapel badge?
Twerp
On 10 Nov 2017 at 7:33pm Bod wrote:
Lewes, we're through. After 20 years, through floods and fires, Ian Paisleys and Steve Kings, through bonfires and vanities I've now seen it all. Bloke comes on here and shares that he once ate 10 pancake rolls in 40 minutes and gets 4 thumbs down - Lewes, you've changed and not for the better.
On 10 Nov 2017 at 7:34pm Pedro wrote:
@ Hamid Barr - they were unpleasant right-wingers who disagreed strongly about my liberal politics and liberal positions. Donald Trump supporters, UKIP loons, with a lot of hate for Corbyn et al....hardly types you would associate as "liberals". Just admit that you once again failed the reality-checks.
On 10 Nov 2017 at 8:02pm Polegate kippers wrote:
Oi Pedro, turn it in.
On 10 Nov 2017 at 8:03pm spoon wrote:
I used to call them pancake rolls or Chinese rolls - term PC hadn't been invented then, though used to get an 'old fashioned look' when going into a chine takeaway & asking for 2 Chinese rolls. To answer the question - sorry gave up eating in our local Chinese/Cantonese places a few years ago as ran out of money & they were (both)terrible. They're still there so must be doing something right though. Try them & let us know ! Even 'spring rolls' can't be that expensive.
On 10 Nov 2017 at 8:23pm We'vehadourfun wrote:
Just to clear things up, it's all about Vietnamese summer rolls these days. Do keep up.
On 10 Nov 2017 at 8:58pm Bob Marley wrote:
Pancake rolls are ok, but I prefer smoking cannabis really.
On 10 Nov 2017 at 9:35pm madame x wrote:
there should a game, how many posts does it take for the thread to mention DFLs.
still never heard it in person.
anyway, back to my 9.30 appointment
On 11 Nov 2017 at 1:06pm @ Sad Sweet Dreamer wrote:
"Spring rolls" is what the Chinese call them. It's a literal translation from the Hanyu/Putonghua (what English speakers refer to as "Mandarin").

17 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Gardeners Arms Lewes 115:132
The Gardeners Arms Lewes

It is government by stealth because the measures are so constitutionally unsound, they can not be honest about them. The only... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare