Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Pain of divorce

On 14 Aug 2018 at 12:43pm Anon wrote:
It is nearly 4 years since I got divorced after 25 years of marriage, yet more than ever I feel deep regret and blame myself for my husbands affairs.
My family and friends are very supportive and all try and encourage me to move on, but at the moment it just seems to be bringing me down.
Has anyone else shared the same feelings?
On 14 Aug 2018 at 1:39pm Mark wrote:
Hell yes! Wild guess is that half or so of the people who read this will have gone through similar experiences. Will have thought similar things to what you're thinking. It's not just you, at all. And it stays with you for years but it lessens.
On 14 Aug 2018 at 2:19pm Why blame yourself wrote:
for his affairs ?
On 14 Aug 2018 at 7:12pm @Anon wrote:
It’s better than staying in a failed marriage - people who are stuck with each other usually due to financial reasons. Very sad.
On 14 Aug 2018 at 8:55pm Don’t blame yourself wrote:
Anon you really shouldn’t be blaming yourself for your ex’s affairs. He would, I imagine, have had plenty of opportunities to address the reasons why he needed to look elsewhere and in fairness and respect for you he really should have been honest with you and then maybe you could have moved on sooner with your life. However, it’s not too late for you, it would never have been easy for you to try and make it work with a philanderer. Love yourself first and foremost, you deserve better from life.
On 14 Aug 2018 at 9:47pm Anna wrote:
It definitely get better Anon. Give it time.

On 17 Aug 2018 at 11:02am shadrack wrote:
Divorce is a pig - I walked out my family home some 25 years ago with just the shirt on my back...plus trousers of course...the ex wouldn't let me see my 6 & 8 yr old for 9 months - the house had a mortgage of £50K and is now worth £400K and I wont get a penny even though I paid the mortgage for 13 years ….my advice don't get married

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Looking down on creation 98:143
Looking down on creation

Extinction Rebellion, the ecological protest group founded in 2018, has initiated its “Summer Uprising”. Namely, blockading roads... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the way streets have street parties!!!!!!!
JoJo