Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Pain before the gain !

On 8 Jun 2016 at 5:37pm The jolly traveller wrote:
As already stated the disruption will provide benefits to us all in the long run. Just bear with it, it is likely to get worse with the holiday period coming up combined with sickness but sticking with it will ultimately give us a better service for the future.
On 8 Jun 2016 at 5:40pm The Jolly traveller wrote:
Sorry this is in relation to the current train dispute.
On 8 Jun 2016 at 6:34pm Tim wrote:
Yes that is exactly what the DfT said today. It could have been written by GTR or Southern.
On 8 Jun 2016 at 6:48pm Tim wrote:
By the way, discovered today that GTRs Franchise Agreement does not include Public Performance as a Benchmark against which they are measured. No wonder they are Teflon coated. Unbelievable!
On 8 Jun 2016 at 7:14pm Sussex Jim wrote:
Never mind the local railway system. I know the current farce of conductor "sickness" is causing havoc for commuters; but there are far greater issues at stake.
There will be pain before gain if we leave the EU. But in the long term we will recover as a great world economic player.
Vote "LEAVE" on Thursday 23rd. June.
On 8 Jun 2016 at 7:37pm faber wrote:
There will be no benefit to the trains unless we leave the EU.
The only ones to experience pain after brexit will be the establishment, big banks and corporates who want to destroy our rights and NHS - there is only gain for the common man and woman.
On 9 Jun 2016 at 12:00am wrote:
Presumably, by describing Southern's failures on 'sickness' as a farce, you're referring to the recent exposť that they cancelled a Brighton-Lewes service and blamed it on sickness despite having all the necessary staff ready and waiting to go. Can anyone suggest why they would lie to the public, surely it just makes their staff look bad?
Why would they want their own staff to look bad?
On 9 Jun 2016 at 7:13am Beehive wrote:
I was on a train the other day so packed that I couldn't raise my arm to scratch my face. Oh well as there is no alternative to get to work I will just have to put up and shut up with this during the next few months until the conductors get better, I wish them well.
On 9 Jun 2016 at 8:17am Hyena wrote:
At least you were on a train and not sitting on a platform listening to yet another announcement of a cancellation due to a 'temporary' shortage of staff.
On 9 Jun 2016 at 10:36am ClarifiedButler wrote:
Personally, I'm starting to get fed up with the Conductors tactics over this. If they want to call strikes, call strikes. But wearing down passengers through unpredictable cancellations in order to swamp Southern with complaints is just not fair. What is going on at the moment is undemocratic and potentially counterproductive. The Conductors and other railway staff are in danger of losing the hearts and minds...
On 9 Jun 2016 at 2:38pm Bird tweeter wrote:
It's unfair to criticise the staff this way when they are not well. We all get ill from time to time and it's through no fault of their own if they get sick. Southern do apologise when a train is cancelled, what more do you want?
On 9 Jun 2016 at 3:05pm Dr Beeching wrote:
Losing the hearts and minds argument is all part of the government's plan for the railways. Crush the unions and create a compliant workforce. It will take some time, but these are the terms that the franchise holder has been given. In the meantime, the travelling public can just whistle.
The only hope is that the train operator will rebel and tell the government to stop playing politics with their business. But, so far, there's no sign of this happening.
On 9 Jun 2016 at 4:07pm Hyena wrote:
Morning and evening train cancelled today. I got off lightly , in the last few weeks not only has there been at least one cancellation each day but also doors being jammed so everyone on the train had to get off in one carriage, chronic overcrowding and my particular favourite so many people carrying out a passenger survey on behalf of Southern that the aisles became blocked and the train pulled away at a station with a third of the passengers waiting to get off unable to .
On 9 Jun 2016 at 4:26pm Frotteur wrote:
I'm loving it - but you just can't do it on SNCF. Vote out , we don't need them.
On 9 Jun 2016 at 5:58pm Hearts and minds wrote:
LOL wallets and credit cards . Poor old DFL commuters.
On 9 Jun 2016 at 6:59pm Hyena wrote:
St Leonards actually. That hotbed of wealth and social inclusion .

On 9 Jun 2016 at 8:03pm Banksy wrote:
Too many artists in Lewes, that's why I did one on Hastings seafront.

20 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Commercial Square programme 31:132
Commercial Square programme

I think it is unlikely that the IMF will be involved at all in our deficit Tom. The government have offered to give lots of money... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa