Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Opticians in Lewes

On 30 Jun 2011 at 6:36pm madge wrote:
Can anyone recommend a really good optician in Lewes that does a thorough comprehensive test please? I know I can shop around for frames/glasses but last time I went for test I was in and out in a few minutes and not convinced got correct prescription.

On 30 Jun 2011 at 7:01pm Local wrote:
Try tesco in Eastbourne, I found them to be the most thorough and free!
On 30 Jun 2011 at 7:35pm bastian wrote:
hancock and hancock

On 30 Jun 2011 at 8:33pm old Cynic wrote:
Hancock made a mess of my prescription!

On 30 Jun 2011 at 8:51pm Rookie wrote:
Chapple in the Cliffe. Old fashioned type of optician with nice personal service

On 30 Jun 2011 at 10:53pm Winterbourne Wanderer wrote:
This was a thread recently and the overwhelming reply was Spectrum, at the end of the Cliffe. Best optician I've ever been to (and I've been wearing glasses for 40 years). Really thorough, concerned, professional, they take their time and make sure everything is exactly right. No I don't work for them. Blimey bet I'd get a good discount if I did. Hmm.

On 1 Jul 2011 at 1:02am Mike wrote:
I'll second Spectrum Eyecare. Really top class service.
On 1 Jul 2011 at 12:35pm Ratty wrote:
I'll third Spectrum Eyecare. Been using them for about 10 years for glasses and contact lenses and they seem pretty good to me.
They may not be the cheapest but I don't want to cut corners with my eyesight.

On 1 Jul 2011 at 1:32pm Madge wrote:
Thanks guys, I think Spectrum it willl be. I have had lots of personal recommendations about them too so will give them a go.

On 2 Jul 2011 at 12:33am Speccy wrote:
Spectrum are the best in town. Their dispensing service (esp Julian) is excellent and this is particularly valuable if you have a difficult prescription so need help choosing appropriate specs once you've had a check-up and got your prescription.
On 2 Jul 2011 at 6:45am Goggle eyed wrote:
I noticed no one has mentioned Specsavers! I had my eyes checked there and required a new prescription. A very thorough eye examination I felt and yes I have used others in the past including Spectrum. I even paid out for a second opinion once to find the Specsavers prescription spot on.

On 3 Jul 2011 at 9:11pm madge wrote:
I have to say Specsavers in Lewes were the ones I was not impressed with test or aftercare so have lost confidence in them.
On 3 Jul 2011 at 10:21pm supporter wrote:
no no no not specsavers completely cocked on my eye test would never go there again.

On 4 Jul 2011 at 8:04am TimDog wrote:
Another strong recommendation for Spectrum

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2019 25:132
Cliffe Tableau 2019

He runs this country in the current vacuum of effective leadership. It's a disastrous time for it to happen. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa