frame-src 'self' data:

Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Operation yellow hammer

On 6 Sep 2018 at 4:55pm sceptic wrote:
If I leaked reasonably confidential information in my job I'd probably be dismissed for gross misconduct.
How then are treasury ministers allowed to flash sensitive documents in bright sunshine to the waiting press knowing full well that they'd be there.
Are all civil servants complete idiots or are they looking for another excuse to sabotage Brexit?
On 6 Sep 2018 at 5:39pm Thor wrote:
Enough hammering, already.
On 6 Sep 2018 at 5:56pm Clifford wrote:
'Leaks' of this kind happen as a way of unofficially getting information out to test the water without committing themselves immediately. It's planned, not a sackable offence.
On 6 Sep 2018 at 6:34pm swerve wrote:
I haven't seen a Yellowhammer for donkey's years. Has anyone else?
On 6 Sep 2018 at 7:17pm MC wrote:
It's Hammertime!
On 6 Sep 2018 at 7:40pm Stephen Watson wrote:
Yellowhammers have a Red conservation status due to recent population decline. However, they are sometimes seen (and heard) on Landport Bottom. I've several times seen them coming to drink at Jill's Pond (also linnets). The song of the Yellowhammer is usually described as "Little bit of bread and no cheese", which might or might not be a description of what we can expect to have to eat after Brexit day.
On 7 Sep 2018 at 7:12am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I regularly used to see a yellowhammer on the hedgerow between Landport Bottom and the field where the reservoir is, but I haven't seen him for years.
I had no idea they were on the Red List. They're really pretty little birds, it would be very sad to lose them,
On 7 Sep 2018 at 1:39pm @sceptic wrote:
so the fact that brexit could impoverish and/or starve us all should be kept a secret?
On 7 Sep 2018 at 3:11pm @@sceptic wrote:
It depends which side of the fence you're residing.
If you're a lazy peasant then you'll be no worse off as you'll be poor already. You'll still have benefits to claim.
If you've got a vested interest in being a member of the EU with your snout in the trough then yes, this gravy train had ended.
For those of us who employ people and run an enterprise, bring it on. Business has never been so good.
Your glass is either half full or half empty.
If you haven't got a glass, go and find one!

On 7 Sep 2018 at 3:26pm MG wrote:
I haven't seeen one for years, but I heard several from my back garden in the Pells area this summer,

On 7 Sep 2018 at 3:31pm Quisling wrote:
Britain was nothing till it joined the EU.

On 7 Sep 2018 at 3:44pm Really wrote:
Quisling - you're either very young or an ignoramus.
Go and read some books.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Kingston Windmill 51:132
Kingston Windmill

Does anyone know the owner of a ginger cat on Hamsey Crescent that wears a blue/yellow or blue/grey collar? It is quite skinny... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell