Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Online auction

On 25 Sep 2012 at 10:17am Sceptic wrote:
I foolishly for the first time decided to give an online auction a try. I found one called Biz Wiz and signed up for free. I then noticed that an apple iPod was being auctioned and there was 10mins to go. I quickly and stupidly purchased £28 of tokens and started bidding. Every time I put a bid in I was told try again someone else has bid the same amount. Caught up in the excitement I bid again and again each time being tols someone else had bid the same. It then ended with no-one winning then it starts again. I decided to check my account only to find that my bidding and getting nowhere had cost me £27.50. My advise is leave them alone. At my age I should have known better. Oh well live and learn.

On 25 Sep 2012 at 10:42am Me-Mo wrote:
This is why places like eBay are so popular. You don't have to pay for a bid. But then as the price is so low on other bid site is how they suck people in!

On 25 Sep 2012 at 12:28pm Sceptic wrote:
They certainly sucked me in Me-Mo, in my ignorance I assumed it was similar to e-bay. Going by the amount of people that bid they must be making a fortune. It wants Nick Clegg to get some tax from them.

On 25 Sep 2012 at 9:20pm Bloke 2 wrote:
Who's Nick Clegg? If you want a real taxman on their case, you want that Cameron barstard looking at their tax return

33 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Lewes Penny 119:132
The Lewes Penny

Talk about misappropriation! The Rockefeller report that TP referenced is available for all to read. It envisages future... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell