Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Olympics 2008

On 30 Jul 2008 at 3:32pm Taff wrote:
Is there anyone out there, athletics lovers or not, that thinks these games will or will not go hitch free?

On 30 Jul 2008 at 6:55pm Mark wrote:
Who cares?

On 30 Jul 2008 at 7:43pm Athletics lover wrote:
Well i care Mark. What an arrogant tw@t you are. If you're not interested, just don't reply.
Taff...it'll be interesting if nothing else. I think we'll come home with more than the 4 or 5 medals predicted.

On 30 Jul 2008 at 8:17pm ExiledfromLewes wrote:
No games goes off completly hitch free, it's a massive event.
However I think we'll do much better than 4 or 5 golds, in the last track cycling world championships Team GB got around 7 to 8 golds and was top of the table. I think we should get 3 or 4 in the cycling, 1 or 2 in the rowing, a couple in the sailing, good chance of a gold in the boxing, potentially one in modern penthlon, one in athletics likely Phillips Idowu and maybe a surprise gold medal. I'm going for at least 10 gold medals for the British team.

On 30 Jul 2008 at 8:38pm Toque wrote:
I'm English, not British. So I'm not particularly bothered how "Britain" does. They should have had a home nations tournament to decide which team represented the UK in the football, as it is I don't think I'll watch any of it.
Went to Barcelona in 1992 and watched Linford Christie win the 100m. Turned out he was a cheat. I really can't be bothered with it, it's all a charade.

On 30 Jul 2008 at 9:28pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Games will be full of hitches guaranteed. We will all have to suffer hitches in our daily lives as a result of the Olympics (media saturation) - I can't wait!
Yes we'll probably excel at cycling!!!
And before Athletics Lover has a go, Taff invited comments from all.

On 31 Jul 2008 at 8:07am Taff wrote:
Taff, like Mark doesnt particularly care either. I find the whole thing a yawn. My post was meant to be about the Chinese methods rather than the content of any contest.
Personally I dont think the games should be taking place there but as the business is bigger than the sport.................?

On 31 Jul 2008 at 6:17pm Mark wrote:
Athletics lover just because you love sport doesn't mean everyone has to.
This is a free froum for people to give their views so you win the Gold medal for being an arrogant tw@t

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Bottleneck 123:143
The Bottleneck

Were the Borough Zulus blacking up last night? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams