Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Olympic torch

On 19 Jul 2012 at 2:43pm Teacher wrote:
Where is the best place in Lewes to see the Olympic torch.

On 19 Jul 2012 at 3:28pm Missed the boat wrote:
Very funny.NOT

On 19 Jul 2012 at 4:47pm Harry wrote:
At the Samsung HQ in Germany

On 19 Jul 2012 at 5:21pm teacher wrote:
Good one Harry.
On 20 Jul 2012 at 9:25am Guten Tag wrote:
It was the Olypmic committe that chose the torchbearers from all the nominations. Yes a runner in Lewes was German and yes she was nominated by Samsung.....The vast majority of the torchbearers (8000 of them in total) were local to the area they ran in...GET OVER IT YOU MOANING BUNCH....yes it is all rather commercial, but without sponsors the games would not exist.
On 20 Jul 2012 at 9:39am Chinston Whirchill wrote:
I tried to spit at the Krout slag as she passed. Get out of my town you Munching Gladback!
On 20 Jul 2012 at 9:56am Redundant Rose wrote:
.frankly I'll be glad when the Olympics are over. I bet Gardeners World is shunted off the TV again too make way for endless sport...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

On 20 Jul 2012 at 3:07pm WTF wrote:
Guten tag, Guten Tag, I'm assuming that you are trying to get a reaction from people about the presence of non-UK citizens carrying the torch.
Just to let you know, an acquaintance tells me it's not only on the streets that sponsorship is seen.
There are two senior met police officers who oversee the entire torch relay around the UK.
They travel everywhere in grey tracksuits covered in sponsorship logo's.
They sit in the control rooms talking to the police on the street and monitoring CCTV images.
Behind the scenes at Sussex police HQ on 17th July, people were openly shocked at the pervasive control the sponsors have.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes winged messenger 90:132
Lewes winged messenger

Any thoughts idm? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like it when people find lost stuff on the forum