Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Oh No, not another cooking programme

On 18 Oct 2014 at 8:26am sceptic wrote:
Now that the great British bake off has finished, I see that the two judges have started up a cooking programme. How about a weekly programme on car maintenance for youngsters. There must be loads of young uns that own a car but rely on their Dad to sort out any maintenance problems ie, tyre changing, bump starting, checking oil etc. I think it would be very helpful for young and old alike. " Dad my car has broken down but I can make a good soufflé ".

On 18 Oct 2014 at 9:01am 21st Century mechanic wrote:
G ood idea - BUT No spare wheels now - Dont bump start cars with cats. Oil check is on dash computer
On 18 Oct 2014 at 10:47am sceptic wrote:
Ok clever clogs, that's the very thing they could teach them on tv. There are quiet a few cars still with a spare tyre, also I would not always trust the oil light, I would rather teach them to use the dipstick. In regards to the cat you can still bump start in an emergency.

On 18 Oct 2014 at 12:20pm the kronic wrote:
Not exactly 12 hours worth of gripping viewing eh Sceptic. I appreciate the bake-off wasn't exactly gripping but it works.

On 18 Oct 2014 at 1:14pm Border Control wrote:
theres not enough cooking, antiques, decorating/makeover programmes on the box !

On 18 Oct 2014 at 2:09pm Bump or jump wrote:
Start ?

On 18 Oct 2014 at 3:22pm Self-taught wrote:
A jump start is done with jumper cables. A bump start needs a hill or a couple of people pushing.

On 18 Oct 2014 at 4:38pm Cat wrote:
Thankyou S-T

On 18 Oct 2014 at 5:42pm sceptic wrote:
There you are Self taught you could start your own tv programme.

On 18 Oct 2014 at 7:25pm Ben wrote:
Its all on you tube guys, car mechanics that is. And baking for that matter.

On 18 Oct 2014 at 10:22pm sceptic wrote:
And baking. Wow! That takes the biscuit.

On 19 Oct 2014 at 12:43pm Sandra5 wrote:
However, as it is known, flake board can be harmful for the surrounding, so the salesmen should show you a certificate, which confirms the lack of harmful emissions.

Check it out here »

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Cathedral 63:132
Lewes Cathedral

I'm all for being open-minded, cynical and skeptical about narratives, big business, big-pharma etc....but where was your... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare