Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Off to the Amex today! :0)

On 16 Jul 2011 at 11:36am Lewes Seagulls fan wrote:
Can't wait till this afternoon. First ever match at the Amex and I will be there. What an honour!

On 16 Jul 2011 at 5:36pm Another fan wrote:
I was there too. Fantastic stadium. Nice goal for Gary hart. Roll on the new season.

On 16 Jul 2011 at 6:59pm Cliffe cloth wrote:
Great venue for a quality concert. Maybe 'Rock in the stadium' next year?

On 16 Jul 2011 at 9:47pm Dave Swindlehurst wrote:
The Airfix is unquestionably your poor mans Selhurst. A plastic stadium for plastic fans.

On 17 Jul 2011 at 7:26am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Ahh, the plaintive screech of the envious eagle as it soars aimlessly from relegation battle to relegation battle. How sweet the sound.

On 17 Jul 2011 at 10:22am I'm alright Jack! wrote:
Spare a little thought for the decimated Falmer Village and it's residents.

On 17 Jul 2011 at 11:19am Where's the blame? wrote:
Why are you blaming the stadium on a very busy dual carriageway and a railway line that's decimated and split the village of Falmer in two for years and years?, Not to mention the university!

On 17 Jul 2011 at 1:25pm Decent Citizen wrote:
True,but,did those poor Falmer villagers need even more?

On 17 Jul 2011 at 2:03pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
Have you actually been there? If there hadn't been a stadium there, there was planning permission already given for a huge industrial estate. How much better that would have been?

On 18 Jul 2011 at 12:08pm Mr Forks wrote:
I dont think the people of Falmer are poor!

On 18 Jul 2011 at 2:56pm Seagull eater wrote:
What a benefit the Amex stadium will have on lewes turning this beautiful town into a park and ride station on match days.

On 18 Jul 2011 at 3:17pm Mr Forks wrote:
Lewes a Park and Ride?!?!?!?! Are you aware of the parking situation in Lewes?!

On 18 Jul 2011 at 7:05pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
What a terrible thought eh, bringing in people into Lewes spending money.

On 19 Jul 2011 at 7:59pm retired archbishop wrote:
I think that there is every chance that fans will find the excellent pubs and restaurants in Lewes very much to their liking and it could really give the economy locally a good lift.
Oh and before people start going on about football thugs....................that was the 1970's and 1980's - things have moved on. In addition, if they get teh habit with BHA, there could be a spin off for Lewes when fixtures don't clash.

On 20 Jul 2011 at 8:12am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Lewes's league timetable has been sorted so they don't clash.

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Swan penny 112:132
Swan penny

Classic reply Tom. No evidence of having read my post, understood it or made any attempt to respond to it. Didn't I make the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the walk along the ouse to Hamsey church, the view from the top of the Castle, Pells pool, the antique shops and boot fair, the lion in the window of the 15c bookshop, keere street
BrixtonBelle