Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

O2 Signal

On 9 Jan 2010 at 3:55pm Nokia Norman wrote:
Anyone else not getting any reception on the Nevill?

On 9 Jan 2010 at 4:34pm Clive Greatwich wrote:
No signal in winterbourne for three days with O2 !!!!!!!!

On 9 Jan 2010 at 4:43pm Nokia Norman wrote:
Been the same here Clive. Rang O2 to find out some info and got a recorded message saying that due to staff shortages average waiting time for the call to be answered would be 30 mins. I hung up after that funnily enough.

On 9 Jan 2010 at 5:34pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
apparently the 02 mast is down/ malfunctioning, no signal in southover either my friend says

On 9 Jan 2010 at 5:54pm zola wrote:
I noticed my signal is almost non existant too and I'm on 02....

On 9 Jan 2010 at 6:30pm Winterbourne Wanderer wrote:
Yes, also no O2 signal for days. Spoke to someone there (eg Bangalore) this morning and he said they were aware of it and that it would 'be sorted soon but it might take a long time.' I said, 'I have no idea what you mean' and he just repeated it. So there you go. Soon and yet a long time. O2 have entered an exciting new space-time continuum.

On 9 Jan 2010 at 7:36pm The Tooth Fairy wrote:
O2 customer care non-existant. Sent them a long email of various issues I had with them (yes I know, so very unlike me). Never heard back, not even an acknowledgement. No signal also.

On 9 Jan 2010 at 8:44pm SAR wrote:
O2 is fine in the Station Street Area. No disruptions whatsoever. Strange.

On 9 Jan 2010 at 9:31pm MC wrote:
Three months ago I moved to 02 after being with Orange for ten years. I'm just amazed how crap 02 is. The calrity of the calls is dire (very especially in Brighton) and cells regularly die.
MC

On 10 Jan 2010 at 2:56pm Rookie wrote:
I've been with 02 for years since it was BT Cellnet. Never ever had a problem at all until this week as I have a reduced, but still usable signal. However, my company phone has been on various networks through the years and they have all been worse than 02. Vodafone was especially poor as it got no signal in many places. Orange was slightly better but not much. 3 and T Mobile weren't too bad, but still miles behind O2.

On 10 Jan 2010 at 4:30pm Winterbourne Wanderer wrote:
Depends which part of town you're in I think. Down at Pells yesterday I had a fine signal; but at home in Wintry Winterbourne, zilch for 3 days and counting.

On 10 Jan 2010 at 5:40pm SAR wrote:
I think it was on BBC Watchdog where people in some village ended up with no O2 signal for one or two weeks. Calling customer service didn't help as of unqualified, hormonal, spotty teenage advisors and no one at O2 believed the villagers. Only Watchdog was able to sort it out. O2's mobile customer service is horrid, a real gamble to get the right manager on the phone. Usually always request the manager straight away at first sign of incompetence. They must transfer you when asked to speak to a supervisor. Always note their name, position, department and calll centre location at the start of conversation. If they refuse to transfer to superior friendly explain that you feel they don't address the issue. If they still refuse friendly insist or terminate the calll. Call back and request supervisor as you have a staff complaint. That eventuallly gets you through to the right person with decision power and knowledge.

On 10 Jan 2010 at 6:20pm Lopster wrote:
Ta SAR - contender forpost of the week...
have spent 10 years with 1-2-1/T-mobile and fed up with poxy reception - friends with O2 never seem to have a problem so changed - only to find confusing tariffs and shoddy support - also no txt receipt confirmation service nor proper indication when voice messages left (you get a txt to tell you to dial voicemail all modern phones can support voicemail directly (although in O2's defence calling voicemail is free)

On 11 Jan 2010 at 12:25am The Tooth Fairy wrote:
Count yourself lucky getting shoddy support Lopster, I normaly get zero support. Have sent yet another email to them regarding lack of signal but I'm not holding my breath. Regarding confusing tariffs I think this is a deliberate action throughout the mobile industry. Have you ever tried comparing 'like for like' tarrifs? Impossible 'cause there aren't any. If you're not a light user then probably the best deal around is Tesco's unlimited for £30 a month. Apparently you can use this as a bargaining tool when renegotiating with your current provider.

On 11 Jan 2010 at 9:40am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Someone told me that T-mobile and Tesco use the O2 network, so if that's true I don't see why there should be any difference in reception.

On 11 Jan 2010 at 5:47pm Lopster wrote:
Virgin seem to use T-Mobile - neither work in my house - O2 and Orange both work indoors - i got fed-up of standing at the front gate - in my boxers - in the rain - at two in the morning!!!! but have sacrificed "features/usuability/support" for signal indoors - bl00dy 2 year contract too

On 11 Jan 2010 at 9:55pm Down and Out wrote:
There's a website called Ofcom Sitefinder which tells you where the masts are. As far as I can see, the nearest O2 mast to Neville is on County Hall. What a surprise that something there is defective and takes ages to rectify!

On 12 Jan 2010 at 12:52am Badger wrote:
I too have had no signal since fri in both winterbourne and southover, after calling customer services I was given the helpful hint to switch my phone off and back on again, needless to say this doesnt work!

On 12 Jan 2010 at 3:19pm Rookie wrote:
I rang O2 this afternoon and a very nice lady told me that the problem is undergoing investigation at a high priority. Unfortunately she had no information about timescales.

On 12 Jan 2010 at 6:38pm JB wrote:
Spoke to O2 This afternoon, the man there told me that I live in a poor signal area... Shame its worked perfectly for the 8 years i have been in this house in Nevill!

On 12 Jan 2010 at 7:32pm SAR wrote:
Why do you bother with first-line pond life, and even worse, email? You English people are too polite and shy!

On 12 Jan 2010 at 7:38pm TRC wrote:
I just rang 0161 705 5000 (went onto 'Say No to 0870' and replaced the 0870 number) and spoke to a lady who checked our signal in Lewes.She said it was fine but she would report it to the engineers.She said I should have no problem with my signal and I told her myself and quite a few others are having problems.I have been with O2 for about 10 years and this is the first time I have little or no signal.

On 12 Jan 2010 at 8:42pm JB wrote:
Well done!
Its rearlly starting to annoy me!
Its worse between 9:00am and 6:00pm for some reason.

On 12 Jan 2010 at 9:15pm SAR wrote:
saynoto0870.com is great!! Usually straight through without annoying queues and menus, often bypassing pondlife. Plus a fantastic cost saver. Thanks for pointing that out to the others TRC and following up on the Signal.

On 12 Jan 2010 at 10:17pm TRC wrote:
Have you also heard of the 18185 overide services?
(Put it in Google)
You have to set up an account which is easy,then you prefix your number with a code and then most calls a 1p per minute (plus a small connection fee) It works out much cheaper.
I used it today after finding the 0161 (O2 number) which was a national number,then used my prefix number,and got it for 1p per minute.
I don't use it much these days as I have recently changed my Talk Talk plan to include free local calls all day,but it doesn't include national calls (get those free at the weekends+free 0845 numbers)
It does sound like a lot of faffing around but you get used to it pretty quick and it really does save you some money!

12 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

One of each 95:132
One of each

Classic reply Tom. No evidence of having read my post, understood it or made any attempt to respond to it. Didn't I make the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine