Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Not a boy racer

On 12 Sep 2010 at 4:57pm Down and Out wrote:
Saturday night, about quarter to eleven, what appeared to be a very drunk driver in a silver estate left the East Street car park, smashed into a parked car, a wall, drove across pavements and disappeared. It was reported to police and I understand he was apprehended driving the wrong way around the one-way at Newhaven. Looks like he went down Southover High Street and down the C7.
Very lucky no-one was hurt (as far as I know). I think the police think, from the state of the car, that there may have been other incidents en route. If anyone else knows of or experienced any other damage, please contact Peacehaven police.

On 12 Sep 2010 at 9:54pm Vox Populi wrote:
The incident sounds terrible, but worse still, what were the old bill doing to allow him to get so far down the road?

On 12 Sep 2010 at 10:56pm Down and Out wrote:
To be fair to the cops, he was last seen in Lewes heading down North Street. He could have been going to Ringmer / Uckfield / through the tunnel / round by the Ellie - anywhere really. The last place I'd have guessed would be the C7.
I would also imagine Saturday night is the busiest night of the week and they seemed to react pretty quickly.

On 13 Sep 2010 at 9:13am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
If he was that p!ssed, I'm amazed he could get the key in the ignition.
I was told once that there's a device that stops the engine from starting if a certain level of alcohol is detected on the breath. They should fit them imo (as long as they can distinguish between the driver and drunk passengers, or people might end up stranded).

33 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Pells Pool Perspective 97:132
Pells Pool Perspective

Two thirds of the population? It seems that an even greater proportion believe we need to take ludicrous precaution to protect... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare