Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Norman wants a break

On 9 Nov 2014 at 1:24pm Metatron wrote:
Well I am up for giving him a long break.
I think his resignation from the govenment is a cynical ploy to get back in with local voters.
On 9 Nov 2014 at 4:25pm Normans wisdom wrote:
Well I think you are talking a load of cobblers.
On 9 Nov 2014 at 7:17pm Sussex Jim wrote:
NORMAN wants a break?
Give us a break.
On 9 Nov 2014 at 7:26pm Old Bloke wrote:
Doubt he wants a break - needs to turn up for all those crisp packet opening photo opportunities

On 10 Nov 2014 at 1:16am Normans Organ wrote:
AAAhhhhhhhh.His organ is broken it only plays one tune.Poor little Norman.
On 10 Nov 2014 at 8:58pm Phfellow2004 wrote:
Just taken another look at the Lewes LD web site. It seems that nothing has been posted/updated for months. Does this mean that Norman Baker is now really in the 'departure lounge' and given up any hope of being re-elected in 2015?
On 10 Nov 2014 at 11:59pm Lewes Person wrote:
Norman is boring.
We still have the A27, the C7 , the Lewes Uckfield line the same as before despite his desire to be transport minister.
His FGM may be applauded, but isn't that picking a fight you can't loose?
Let him spend a LOT more time with his music, PLEASE!
On 11 Nov 2014 at 1:16pm keeshond wrote:
Norman may indeed have been in the 'departure lounge' as the MP for Lewes - he was suffering from exhaustion.according to at least one colleague. However, he decided to stay on after taking a summer break.
I'm afraid the timing of his resignation is more about saving his seat than a matter of principle and his re-election will mean no change for constituents who contact him other than the receipt of a prompt reply on Commons headed paper from his well-oiled local machine. He rarely follows through and is in no mood to exert himself in his retirement from ministerial office, I can assure you.
On 13 Nov 2014 at 9:24am Clifford wrote:
The problem is, Baker os the best of a bad lot - not that I'd ever vote for him.

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Swans in the pool 85:132
Lewes Swans in the pool

Working with LORService was a game-changer for me. Their platform made the entire process of writing a recommendation letter... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde