Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Norman Baker and the VW emissions scandal

On 7 Oct 2015 at 7:20am puzzled wrote:
Tory 'austerity' would have meant that testing would have been minimal.
VW is now saying that only a 'small' number of 'employees' were involved and that the 'repair' in most cases will be simply replacing a small bit of soft ware. Apparently because of the 'discovery' jobs will be lost. Masterly spin! Once again a big business cheats, apparently leans on government, and then merrily goes on to shift the ground away from moral responsibility.
Consumers are increasingly unprotected - their only weapon is not to buy. i shudder to think in this age of deregulation and 'austerity' what other dangerous criminality multi nationals may indulge in.
On 7 Oct 2015 at 7:32am Tipex wrote:
So does Norman drive a VW?

On 7 Oct 2015 at 7:38am puzzled wrote:
Take your point Tipex - this posting was meant to be added to the previous thread not to be the start of a new one!

On 8 Oct 2015 at 12:45pm MyArse wrote:
Austerity my arse. Testing has been EXACTLY the same for years.
I put it to you that the US wanted to block the sales in the US of EU car makers Diesels, so reduced max emission levels by a factor or 100, so that Diesels couldn't achieve it. US thought they were being smart, so EU makers thought they could be smarter.
"Dangerous" criminality or US national self-interest?

On 8 Oct 2015 at 8:05pm Sussex Jim wrote:
Norman used to drive a Ford Capri.
A gas-guzzling posers' car whose only attribute was that the passenger seat would fully recline at the jerk of a lever.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Arms Penny 56:132
Lewes Arms Penny

It's sickening to see how time time, money and energy went into destroying the Phoenix Rising campaign. On this forum, some very... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams