Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Noisy music

On 17 May 2013 at 5:14pm Pete wrote:
Now I like a bit of music myself, but I do wish the odd muppet would keep their volume down when travelling on the train. An elderly couple were on the 16:23 arriving at Lewes from London and a complete @rse wipe sitting opposite just had to hurl some abuse at them when politely asked to turn the volume down. The guard eventually confronted the afore said moron who duly turned down his music, but, did it had to get to that? I suspect not, have a bit of respect for fellow travellers please. Have a nice weekend.
On 17 May 2013 at 7:40pm Sussex Jim wrote:
A sign of the times, unfortunately, when modern youth has no respect for the older generations. But were there not any "men" on the train nearby; to confront the youth and suggest he not only adjust his music but apologise for his outburst? It should not be necessary to involve the guard, who probably has enough on his plate with cheeky fare dodgers and evening drunks.
On 18 May 2013 at 10:38am Churchill wrote:
Bring back national service! That'll learn the b**tards.

On 18 May 2013 at 10:42am Churchill wrote:
Bring back national service! That'll learn the b**tards.

On 19 May 2013 at 9:01am teacher wrote:
We heard you the first time. Not a bad idea though, but calling them b**tards was a bit over the top.

On 19 May 2013 at 1:05pm Sussex Jim wrote:
They may not be illegitimate, but the quality of their parentage probably leaves something to be desired if they feel they can be abusive to elderly people.

On 19 May 2013 at 7:48pm Clifford wrote:
Sussex Jim wrote: 'A sign of the times, unfortunately, when modern youth has no respect for the older generations.'

Something I've been hearing since I was a 'modern youth' many years ago. Many of the 'older generation' were 'modern youth' in the 1960s, that time when the world was supposed to have declined into hippy immorality.

On 19 May 2013 at 8:50pm Youth of today wrote:
Just a note for you Oldies out there,there was no mention of a youth in the first post.
Its a sign of the times that the older generation tars youth with the same old brush...
I totally agree with `Pete`s` post though...

On 20 May 2013 at 5:35pm Sussex Jim wrote:
Clifford, I was a modern youth during the summer of love and let it all hang out, but I kept within the boundaries of acceptable society and eventually married and ensured that my offspring grew up sensibly.
However, a few of my generation did not, and sadly produced illegitimate children who are now producing another similar lot.

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Ouse upstream 130:143
The Ouse upstream

Examining the activity of the sun and assessing its influence on the earth's climate may well provide entertainment to some Tom... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams