Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Newhaven fort part two.

On 13 Jul 2012 at 7:48am Sceptic wrote:
According to the news this morning Lewes Council have held a meeting and have decided ,instead of selling off Newhaven Fort they are going to try and lease it long term and keep it open as a tourist attraction. Let's hope someone is interested as having visited it in the past it is well worth keeping.

On 13 Jul 2012 at 10:31am Concerned wrote:
My son loves Newhaven fort. Would be terrible if it closed. ARGUS please write a story about this.....asap

On 13 Jul 2012 at 10:49am Cheeky Monkey wrote:
If anyone knows him, can the fella who saved Newlands School(Seaford) and the British Engineerium(Hove) get involved?

On 13 Jul 2012 at 5:43pm Sceptic wrote:
Does anyone know the real story behind the selling off the west beach. You hear so many rumours including village green status but nothing positive ever comes out of it. I notice a few repairs have been done to the wall but to who's advantage. Most of the blokes I talk to when I am fishing come up with all different stories. Also who has the car parking money.

On 13 Jul 2012 at 6:01pm mis-informed? wrote:
Cheeky Monkey, be careful what you wish for?
MIke Holland was the man behind both of those 'saves' but I was told last week that the Engineerium has now closed. (what a pity if it's true)
Mr Holland was also behind the refurb and 'saving' of Stanmer House and was also supposed to take on the West Pier..... so maybe his saves aren't 100%

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Swans in the pool 85:132
Lewes Swans in the pool

Look at the e-mail address. This person is licensed to kill ... you wealth. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine