Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Newhaven beach

On 6 Jul 2013 at 8:17pm forgotten son wrote:
Can you go onto, or can you get onto Newhaven sandy beach?

On 7 Jul 2013 at 1:29pm Knoxon Cutts wrote:
No

On 7 Jul 2013 at 3:23pm Churchill wrote:
We shall fight them on the beaches.
On 7 Jul 2013 at 3:32pm Horseman7 wrote:
My grandson starts school in September. I hope to be able to take him to West Beach (sandy version) before he starts university.

On 8 Jul 2013 at 6:09pm Beachman wrote:
Why are people tolerating this? If it affected me eg I lived locally or had small kids who liked playing in sand I am sure I would be down there getting rid of the fencing. Why are the people of Newhaven not rising up against it? It is so ridiculous that a company can just buy a beach and then prevent members of the public going on it.

On 8 Jul 2013 at 7:08pm Peter Pan wrote:
My Father and Grandfather fought and died for this Country, so that my Children and Grandchildren, could enjoy the freedom of our lovely Country !!!! What happened ??? They would turn in there graves

On 9 Jul 2013 at 8:40am Lewes Lad wrote:
As far as i understand it. The port authority has accepted that the beach is under village green status. However before this status was achieved the port authority removed the steps and access to the beach. Now the beach is protected the port authority is under no obligation to rebuild the steps or re-provide access as they were removed while not under any protection. I suppose there is nothing to stop you getting a small inflatable and paddling over from the east beach.

On 9 Jul 2013 at 11:24am Peter Pan wrote:
Have the steps actually been removed or is there just a barrier there to stop you going down .Your a braver man than me Lewes Lad you paddle I'll just watch

On 10 Jul 2013 at 10:29am lewes lad wrote:
as far as im aware the steps are gone. I have actually paddled it a few times, not to get to the beach but to go from the east beach up to lewes on the ouse. If you make sure the tide is right then it would be easy, but get the tide wrong and you can pick me up a croissant from france.

On 11 Jul 2013 at 5:40pm teacher wrote:
Went down there today and the steps are still there. If you can negotiate the surrounding barriers and obstacles then you have got access to the beach. Time to bring in Dads Army I think. They dont like it up em you know.

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

heading for extinction 43:132
heading for extinction

QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine