Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Newbiegirl

On 19 Jan 2007 at 9:27am twentygirl wrote:
Just wanted to say hi before I read more of the past threads. Looks like there are some crazy people here. ;0) lol

C ya later

On 19 Jan 2007 at 6:32pm MC wrote:
Welcome.
I'm not entirely sure "crazy" is he right word unless you're talking about Mike.
MC

On 19 Jan 2007 at 6:33pm MC wrote:
I mean Mick.
MC

On 19 Jan 2007 at 6:49pm The Tooth Fairy wrote:
Here here. Mick certainly is king of the crazies.

On 21 Jan 2007 at 9:27am I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
Hi 20girl
That speech again in full...
'Lewes' - I like the sound of the word.
It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose.
Some words give you a feeling.
Lewes is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat - the same tightness a man gets when his baby takes his first step or his son shaves or makes his first sound like a man.
Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm.
Lewes is one of those words.
PhilX

On 22 Jan 2007 at 7:46am mick wrote:
Lewes
A place where your son can choke on the fumes from the chelsea tractors as they trundle around searching for a parking space.
Lewes
A place where you can be maimed by flying debris from a "liberated" parking machine.
Lewes
Where you can watch all your worldy goods disappear in the rising flood waters.
No wonder Phil moved to Seaford

On 22 Jan 2007 at 10:41am I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
My head's in Seaford... but heart 's in Lewes... Kinda hedging my bets.
lol
PhilX

On 4 Feb 2007 at 12:48am north carolina girl wrote:
yes. this is true. i have, indeed had the lewes experience. i want more! i have been forever changed by my time in lewes. these words seem somehow familiar. i dream of returning one day...
debra

On 4 Feb 2007 at 7:47pm Tobacco Field Boy wrote:
yes yes yes. even more so for me, how strange! i've been getting the lewes experience for several years now. i want more cranberry juice and pancakes! these words seem somehow false. i dream of no parking meters, no road signs, indeed no roads.....
edwin

On 5 Feb 2007 at 1:02pm north carolina girl wrote:
i want to/need to go back to the castle. i dream of the little faerie cakes and cream tea.....and then stop at harvey's for a pint or three. it truly is the most beautiful place i have ever been, and my spiritual home. for now, returning remains an elusive dream. but eventually, this will only be a matter of *when*. there are never any words that can do this magickal place true justice. the energies there are amazing. i have never experienced any place or any time like it.
debra

On 7 Feb 2007 at 7:54am Tobacco Field Boy wrote:
I have fond memories of Dahlonega in Georgia, having lived in Apharetta for a while and had a good friend from NC. I've only lived in Lewes for 6 years but it's great to know you like the town so much. By the time you next visit we should have our own cinema, and you should visit some of the local scenic sites such as the Seven Sisters, and walk along the river north from Lewes, if you've not already done so. Dreams come true.

On 7 Feb 2007 at 8:10pm Chav wrote:
Excuse me while I puke

On 7 Feb 2007 at 8:29pm north carolina girl wrote:
how incredibly rude, chav. but, being a woman of decorum and good breeding, i shall offer you a barf bag, nonetheless. would sir also require a cup of chamomille tea with mint as well?? i hope you feel better. and *I* shall continue to look back fondly on my memories of lewes and look forward to visiting again in the future. in spite of (or, perhaps because of?!) your residency.
be well.....
debra

On 7 Feb 2007 at 8:36pm north carolina girl wrote:
to tobacco field boy:
thank you for sharing about lewes. indeed, there is much i need to see and do there. i shall happily keep your good recommendations in mind. the seven sisters sounds lovely.
fondest regards from the crystal coast of north carolina,
debra

On 21 Jun 2007 at 10:41am hvyyleuetg wrote:
Hello! Good Site! Thanks you! mhsvgupdvnowee

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Through the Barbican 125:132
Through the Barbican

TP, I can imagine it, ‘Bill Gates is not one of my mates’..............: more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde