Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

New site for Lewes car boot sale

On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:13am Disgusted of Malling wrote:
I have often thought better use could be made of the Malling playing fields, especially in the summer. How about a summer car boot or market once or twice a month?

On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:23am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Start organising one then, don't wait for someone else alleviate your disgust.
On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:30am Hoist wrote:
Boring!
On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:32am Disgusted of Malling wrote:
I thought it wouldn't be long before someone made a childish comment. Well done Hoist.
On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:45am Hoist wrote:
Have you no self awareness at all - have a look at your own posts you unbelievable nit.

On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:49am 'ere be monsters wrote:
"What's ruining this forum for me is the unbelievable bad manners of people who butt into other people's conversations and to tell them that they are boring and that they should talk about something else." Well said Hoist, very clever of you.
On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:53am Hoist wrote:
Oh dear - just don't get it do you. Again.
On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:55am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Depends how you read my post, perhaps it's you.
On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:57am Hoist wrote:
ebm - you are clearly obsessed by me - at first this was flattering - now your attentions are becoming slightly ott.
Perhaps you should develop some other interests.
On 7 Apr 2011 at 12:04pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
Stop posting comments that attract such attention then.
On 7 Apr 2011 at 12:05pm Hoist wrote:
Should I shut up and be a good little girl?
Don't think so.

On 7 Apr 2011 at 12:30pm Ed Can Do wrote:
The problem with a car boot sale is that you'd have to fill the field with cars which over a period of weeks would probably do it no favours. There's also the issue of litter left behind as a result which theoretically would be cleared by the organisers but given that the council own the land and how poor they are at picking up rubbish elsewhere in town, I imagien the field would be left in quite a state.
On 7 Apr 2011 at 12:35pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
Lewes is probably already well served with car boot sales and markets.

On 7 Apr 2011 at 12:47pm Numberjack wrote:
Is playing on it, not the best use of a playing field?
On 7 Apr 2011 at 2:49pm Mrs Twine wrote:
Hoist dear, I think your problem is that you have "Attitude". Now, you may find this hard to believe, but when I was your age I used to have Attitude too, and now I look back I can see it didn't do me any good at all. My advice is, drop the attitude and try to see a bit of good in things. I came out of hibernation to tell you that, so now I'm going back.
On 7 Apr 2011 at 3:43pm Hoist wrote:
My dear Mrs Twine - how I long for your insights. Day after day I say to myself 'if only that nice Mrs Twine could tell me what my problem is'. Assuming I have a problem, that is. Which I don't.
BTW - I am probably old enough to be your granny, and I am still stunned - nay shocked - to realise that no one seemed to get the point of me telling Disgusting of Malling where to get off. I was seeing the good in another thread that she disrupted, and that was the point.
Now - shall we get on to your problem?
On 7 Apr 2011 at 4:19pm Mrs Twine wrote:
My problem is that I am crocheting up the out of date threads in this forum and nowadays there are so many rude and aggressive ones that they keep getting into knots, and I shall never get my tank cosy finished.
Your problem is bad temper and rudeness, which I think everyone has noticed.
I know which problem I would rather have.
However, I notice from another thread that you are at home, ill, and I am sorry for that and wish you a quick recovery.

On 7 Apr 2011 at 4:20pm bastian wrote:
mrs twine,when i was young I was angry about everything but now i'm older i'm apopleptic because there is so much injustice to be angry about.(is that an attitude?)re.the bootsale,if you move it to a field where will all the dog walkers take their dogs for a sh*t,and the footballers.(not take a sh*t...though you never know
On 7 Apr 2011 at 4:43pm Hoist wrote:
This is not my view of your problem.
My view is that you are a nasty little person who pops up every now and again to judge other people, under the guise of offering advice, and who then hides back down again or 'hibernates' as you put it - and who repeatedly misses the point of any exchange.
Are you really using the traditional school yard bully tactic of 'nobody likes you anyway?'.
How dare you tell me that I have a problem? Who the hell do you think you are? I was angry because Disgusting of Malling disrupted a thread.
I am only ever rude in response to rudeness - what's your excuse?
No patronising good wishes necessary, from you.
On 7 Apr 2011 at 4:46pm Mrs Twine wrote:
Ho Hum!

On 7 Apr 2011 at 5:16pm MC wrote:
Hoist. You can't be rude to Mrs Twine. She's venerable.

I hope you get better soon.
On 7 Apr 2011 at 6:41pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
Not quite sure why anyone should want to be that obnoxious to others on this forum. Shame really. It's probably enough to make you ill.
On 7 Apr 2011 at 8:25pm Deelite wrote:
Maybe consider the ways that people might be ill. Not always physical.
On 8 Apr 2011 at 9:51am Hoist wrote:
MC - I can and she's not. I can be rude to her because she's rude to me, and she's not venerable - she's just a very ordinary b*tch, with quite a common routine for trying to disguise it, and with over inflated ideas of her abilities.
You obviously never went to a girl's school. I've met her type before.
Thanks for the good wishes but I will be fine.
Had enough of all the poo.

On 8 Apr 2011 at 10:20am Grunge wrote:
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

On 8 Apr 2011 at 11:13am ohFFS wrote:
Dear everyone on this and every forum on the internet.
Arguing with idiots on the internet is utterly pointless. Everyone is a nice person until they become anonymous on a forum.
Enough with the trolling, baiting and taking it hook line & sinker.
back OT: low-lying fields tend not to make good car boot sites, especially those on flood plains. How about the lovely harder areas of the Downs currently occupied by the minority-serving golf course?

On 8 Apr 2011 at 11:35am numberjack wrote:
ohFFS - I think the limited access to the golf club would just be one of many reasons why using the golf course for a boot fair would be a very silly idea, not to mention that it would ruin the course, and of course stop people being able to play golf! (although I guess this is really what you want!)
It seems you have a problem with the golf course, why?
A group of people got together over 110 years ago, purchased some land (and rented some more) and turned it into a golf course.
What is the problem with this?
Is there a requirement for a new or additional car boot venue?

On 8 Apr 2011 at 12:24pm Grunge wrote:
OhFFs - you are absolutely right! I am sorry, everyone - I just couldn't resist the line from Python's Life of Brian; it just sprung to mind. Sorry to all.
On 8 Apr 2011 at 7:36pm anti hoist wrote:
Press the like button if you all have had enough of Hoist and his/her bitchy comments. Vote nowwwwwwwww.

On 12 Apr 2011 at 9:06am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Personally I don't have a problem with people making a*ses of themselves, it's quite entertaining!

On 12 Apr 2011 at 9:37am MaxDrum wrote:
You must really make yourself laugh.

On 12 Apr 2011 at 1:53pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
Haha, that made me laugh.

On 14 Apr 2011 at 5:24pm Hoist wrote:
Fame at last! Thanks everyone.
However I do realise that some of these votes must be repeats, as I really canâ??t believe that this many people read the Lewes forum, let alone give a ratâ??s ars* about me, though it is very flattering indeed. Nor do I believe that more than say, 5 or 6 people have been so upset by my comments yet havenâ??t had the wit to word an effective comeback. Surely this is not true of Lewes, where people are generally quite well educated and erudite?
I can only assume, also, that some (at least) of the pro Hoist votes are actually comments on the poverty of imagination of the person calling himself â??Anti Hoistâ?? [!!!] who used such a schoolboy tactic to try to get rid of someone they canâ??t outwit.
However, I see that people are back to talking about poo againâ?¦

On 14 Apr 2011 at 5:40pm anti hoist wrote:
hahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa

On 14 Apr 2011 at 5:41pm anti hoist wrote:
pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

On 14 Apr 2011 at 5:42pm jane wrote:
don't flatter yourself Hoist! You have been repeating the dislike button as how can it be 56 people disagree with anti hoist?

On 14 Apr 2011 at 5:43pm anti hoist wrote:
thanks jane! Hoist always talks alot of poo. maybe he or she can post on the dog poo thread hehehehhhhhhhhhhhhh

On 14 Apr 2011 at 5:44pm jonah wrote:
that sounds fitting anti hoist lol

On 14 Apr 2011 at 5:45pm anti hoist wrote:
this post is now finished hahaha

On 14 Apr 2011 at 5:46pm Hoist wrote:
I agree everyone. I am silly and i am sorry I I upset the person who started this thread. And butted in to a decent innocent question

On 14 Apr 2011 at 5:47pm jane wrote:
at last an apology

On 14 Apr 2011 at 5:47pm anti hoist wrote:
Thank you to the people who agree with me.

On 14 Apr 2011 at 5:48pm Jonah wrote:
Finally this thread has come to an end. started off fine when someone enquired about a boot fair.

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Lewes Tiled House 86:132
Lewes Tiled House

And there was me, thinking it was some new low-impact exercise regime. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy