Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

New look Pizza Express

On 11 Jul 2014 at 8:21pm Webbo wrote:
I've just taken some of my family for a meal in the refurbished Pizza Express and I have to say I was really impressed with the food, the service and the general atmosphere.
We were greeted very warmly by the manageress Karina who showed us to about table with a smile.

The restaurant has been freshened up, it seems much lighter and livelier than it was on our last visit, the atmosphere was buzzing and the ambience was warm and friendly, the waitress was attentive, really helpful and seemed very happy in her work. Amazingly it felt like a small family run business rather than a major international restaurant chain.
The food was delivered in good time and was presented very well and tasted great.

At our waitresses recommendation I had the Calabrese which was very tasty and perfectly spicy, unlike the usual disappointingly bland 'hot' dishes you normally get in pizza restaurants. My son had the Four seasons, he couldn't finish it but really wanted to.
The deserts were great too.

The visit was prompted by the restaurant taking an ad on the site but if I had not enjoyed the experience I would have said. All in all we had a great meal, left feeling full, happy and content and would definitely go again.
On 11 Jul 2014 at 9:49pm Clifford wrote:
I assume this pretend 'restaurant review' is intended to be satirical. All that was missing was 'garden picked peas on a bed of fresh lettuce'.
On 11 Jul 2014 at 10:11pm Historian wrote:
Other Pizza Parlours are available, and coffee in nearly every retail outlet.
On 11 Jul 2014 at 10:12pm Deelite 2 wrote:
The Calabrasi is a top pizza. I have it myself whenever my family visit.
On 11 Jul 2014 at 11:11pm local wrote:
WTF?
On 11 Jul 2014 at 11:12pm memories wrote:
Gourmet, it's well missed predecessor would sell you yeast flour single sausages onions mushroom peppers pepperoni pomodoro et f'in al & you could make your own. Been to other PEx. The local one: never been there. Never will.

On 11 Jul 2014 at 11:17pm Pearce Deers wrote:
My favourite Italian restaurant is "The Leaning Tower of Pizza" in Brighton, they really pile it on ! I usually slip my favourite waiter Marco a little tip in the toilet when he has a minute or two after serving me and my friends. I also love their Italian style cottage pie especially after a mouthful or two of a chilled Italian white.
On 12 Jul 2014 at 8:37am Albert Prince wrote:
Pearcee you are a one !
On 12 Jul 2014 at 2:28pm Rookie wrote:
I have never liked Pizza Express, although I have never been in the Lewes branch but have been in several others. The food is ok but overpriced.
I like Casa Della Pizza in Brighton. 6.99 and help yourself to as much as you want from a selection of Pizzas, Pasta and salad. Never disappointed.

On 12 Jul 2014 at 4:20pm middleclassandabitsmug wrote:
Proper oven fired pizzas are available at the Hearth restaurant at the bus stop, great atmosphere. Personally I would support independent rather than a chain.
On 12 Jul 2014 at 5:23pm Pizza Taker wrote:
this forum is like deja vu - pizzas again !

On 12 Jul 2014 at 6:12pm Enry wrote:
Now owned by the Chinese equity firm Hong.

On 12 Jul 2014 at 6:28pm Pierce Deers wrote:
Are they well hung?

On 12 Jul 2014 at 7:46pm Albert Prince wrote:
You should be bloody well hung Pierce , you`re just too awful.

On 13 Jul 2014 at 8:18am Historian wrote:
Bought by the Chinese for a mere 900m. (The same company that already owns ASK Restaurants.) Waterstones owned by Russians. Boots headquarters in Switerland. Aldi's in Germany, Do any of them pay tax in the UK ? The moral of this, support LOCAL privately owned businesses.

On 15 Jul 2014 at 12:30pm PLUMPTON LAD wrote:
Pizza Express is fine, but love The Hearth esp. for the atmosphere and the juke box; and Famiglia has great food and great service. Great to have the choice.

On 15 Jul 2014 at 1:54pm slow wrote:
It might look different but the service is still as slow as ever!

On 16 Jul 2014 at 4:46pm Giueseppi wrote:
Have to be honest, have eaten in all of the Lewes pizza restaurants in the last 12 months, and the two worst, I'm sorry to say, were Famiglia (by a long way) and the Hearth. This is a shame, because I would really like to support local independent businesses. Maybe I caught them on a bad day, but when I go out to eat, I like to eat food that tastes nice, and in places where the service is good!
Pizza Express have consistantly served good pizzas (in my opinion), and like Prezzo and Ask, if you make use of your Tesco vouchers, you can pretty much eat for free. What is there not to like!

On 16 Jul 2014 at 8:22pm Historian wrote:
We haven't eaten in Famiglia for several years, since we were served white sliced bread as garlic bread ! Can't argue with that, it was !! Voted with our feet.

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes religion 77:132
Lewes religion

is it me or is it more expensive in the south then the north ,go on ebay or any thing u fancy buying, and the southern people... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy