Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

New forum (fao webmaster)

On 10 May 2008 at 3:07pm FA wrote:
Dear webby, although this is a compact and bijou forum....do you not think it's time to upgrade to a proboard forum or similar where you can hopefully get rid of all the spam and get people to register and stop them hiding behind their monitors using different usernames when they feel like dishing out a bit of abuse or innacurate information (see the thread about "looking for a place to lodge" and reliable source's comments...even though he/she doesn't know me)
I would appreciate your comments

On 10 May 2008 at 3:40pm simon wrote:
well said andy

On 10 May 2008 at 3:57pm FA wrote:
Thank you....however, i didn't say you can stop using a username...It's the clowns who throw out a torrent of slanderous abuse under a constant stream of different names....you know...big brave people.
Hey Si....how's Michelle ?

On 10 May 2008 at 5:35pm lopster wrote:
so how you stop people hiding behind monikers then? - who's Michelle? - I thought FA was a girlie - Oh I suppose andy could be a female too - isn't this fun...............

On 10 May 2008 at 5:42pm lopster wrote:
You can't....this is fun ain't it

On 10 May 2008 at 5:59pm Yourac Hunt wrote:
Oh No, Please don't change the forum.How would the jokers cope?? The forum could become really boring, and we can't have that...I thought FA was a boy and Lopster was a girlie...

On 10 May 2008 at 6:08pm Yourac Hunt wrote:
This is fun isn't it

On 10 May 2008 at 6:12pm You are a *** wrote:
I'm lost.Someone os either trying to be a smart arse or Is being VERY SILLY. (Sulk)

On 10 May 2008 at 6:48pm Lewey from Lewes wrote:
FA is just pissed that someone uncovered his true colours...sorry bro, I cant hide you forever!
Get a forum with usernames and logins will just put off the elder generation and the scum will just use proxys and fake usernames and emails to create accounts.
We'll go for a beer sometime, oh and Michelle is doing just fine, shes been tending to my ever so cheesy penis today...happy days!...
And grow some balls FA mate, do it, dont hold back, I hear brussle sprouts are good for ball bag inflation, head down to Bill's.

On 10 May 2008 at 7:01pm FA wrote:
Brussle sprouts...lmfao.

On 10 May 2008 at 10:20pm simon wrote:
put 2 and 1/2 Brussels in the blender. season. Blend until creamy, pop the mix into a piping bag and pipe the sprouts into your "japs-eye".
Works a treat!!!

On 10 May 2008 at 10:57pm lopster wrote:
I only hide behind the one nom-de-board-de-keys unlike you Yourac - could mena that you're th Berk not us Yourac - anyway what makes you think i'm not of the gentler sex Yourac?

On 10 May 2008 at 11:02pm lopster wrote:
simon - you nice person, very clever, witty............... NOT (NOT and NOT in fact) crawl back under your stone - what's FA ever done to you then?

On 10 May 2008 at 11:08pm Yourac wrote:
Oh I dunno...Just a feeling.I have been here a while and I'm useless at sussing people out...I wonder how many folk actually know the real identities of each other? Yes,I am a berk,but I mean no harm.and I would hate to genuinely upset anyone...I'm just a lighthearted member of the Lewes Silly Brigade.And a bona fide Tiger Girrrlllll !!!

On 10 May 2008 at 11:17pm lopster wrote:
in that case I take back my berk comment (is not as "nice" an insult as most people imagine, more aligned with the Isaac Mike and Yourac puns in fact) wonfdered where "my" Grlllls were hiding out - glad one of you still here - agree with you on the upsetting front - should only be good humoured - nice to get local grievances off your chest though with like-minded types

On 10 May 2008 at 11:29pm Y.C. wrote:
I still think yoy were the mexican bandito hiding in the White Hart when Cossack was being taken in by 'Lauren' and her 'boyfriend'. Could be wrong,but you did say you would turm up in disguise...I do still wish we could meet up....

On 10 May 2008 at 11:35pm Y.C. wrote:
Isn't 'Berk' short for Berkley Hunt? I know what it rhymes with but where did it originate from anyone know?

On 10 May 2008 at 11:37pm lopster wrote:
now I thought it was Zola that got fooled by Cossack not lauren - despite the hispanic overtones to his writing - you ARE LA and I claim my five pounds - does that make me Pussy galore (or Kitty Kat too - or is that the Spinster back as well hiding under an alternative name - hmmmm) - me too...

On 10 May 2008 at 11:40pm Lewey from Lewes wrote:
my ip got blocked but a simple de-tour to a proxy server gives me the right to post again. its too easy!

On 10 May 2008 at 11:45pm lopster wrote:
who's a clever boy then

On 11 May 2008 at 12:06am ME wrote:
lopster. bed. NOW!...before I come in there and spank your tighter-than-a-ducks-butt ass.

On 11 May 2008 at 1:23am The Webmaster wrote:
FA I have considered arguments like yours before but I believe that this forum works so well in the way it does because each thread has a limited life span and anyone can contribute immediately (ie. no logging in)
I could easily adopt a standard message board where every user has to log in and the threadfs are separated out and it would of course therefore be a lot easier to administer and control the content and originators of posts.
I believe the fact that anyone can have their say straight away in this forum to be a real plus. I want as many people as possible to be speaking their mind.
I believe the current format encourages and enables people who might not ordinarily post to forums, because they would be put off by the registration process, to freely speak their minds.
You freely speak your mind here and even though I don't agree with some of what you say I respect your right to voice your opinions and I hope you would afford the same respect to others who might find what you say disagreeable. That's democracy. thats the kind of world I want to inhabit.
If you want to restrict those who post on this forum because you don't agree with what they have to say then what right have you to a voice?

On 11 May 2008 at 1:25am The Webmaster wrote:
Clever boy, but why make it hard for yourself this space is for you. Use it wisely.

On 11 May 2008 at 6:24am big t wrote:
why dont you all meet for a good old fashion bitch slapping coz thats all you lot seem to bloody well do !!!!!!!

On 11 May 2008 at 7:02am Y.C. wrote:
O come on...The guys are as bad as the girls...And how do we know genders,unless we say what we are? Anyway,we tried to sort a meet out,and it ended in tears.White Hart,'undercover' Lewes forumers,mexican hatted bandito in the corner...And in Lewes!
How can we sort any kind of a get together with this forum as it is? (No offense Webby,you do a fine job)
We can't safely exchange E mail addresses,phone numbers...And if we do organise something there is a risk of some joker turning up...And that is exactly what happened!
I'm not into forums,don't do them,but I like this one,and I for one would love to meet up with a few of the regulars.

On 11 May 2008 at 1:00pm lopster wrote:
hear hear yc (I knew it was you - tee hee)
we need to arrange a meeting at a public event - which would allow you maybe to eyeball and decide not to bother?? Laughton?? - next rally/show on madeira drive??? Airbourne??? - I'll be the one with kids and a dog...

On 11 May 2008 at 2:59pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Well said Webbie!

On 11 May 2008 at 3:00pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Lewes Carnival?

On 11 May 2008 at 8:43pm council bod wrote:
leave the forum as it is it works well if you need another one start one but this one is fine

On 11 May 2008 at 11:07pm lopster wrote:
Life's one big carnival in Lewes

On 12 May 2008 at 10:10am Lewey from Lewes wrote:
i say we all meet up and beat eachother black and blue...sound like a plan?

On 12 May 2008 at 5:05pm latte wrote:
ooh lopster what a good idea, i live on Landport and apparently we love doing that kinda thing here!!Nothing like a good punch up, woo hoo bring it on!!

On 12 May 2008 at 5:18pm skinny wrote:
Im up for it too. I also live on landport, this should be fun. Lets see how brave everyone is..

On 12 May 2008 at 5:46pm latte wrote:
Bring it on skinny!!!

On 12 May 2008 at 6:14pm Fatty wrote:
And me, i live in one of those Landport hovels, can i join the fun.
Are we allowed to eat the victims after beating them up and killing them !!!

On 12 May 2008 at 6:21pm skinny wrote:
blueberry muffins at dawn......

On 12 May 2008 at 6:29pm skinny wrote:
oh yes.............

On 12 May 2008 at 6:34pm latte wrote:
We could beat the c*ap out of each over and whoever loses has to move to Neville, apparently it's the new Landport!! Hope i don't lose though, i love my landport hovel and layabout neighbours, and i'd have to walk further to get to a pub!!

On 12 May 2008 at 6:42pm Fatty wrote:
Bet my hovel's worser than yours...ner ner ne ner ner.

On 12 May 2008 at 6:45pm foxy wrote:
i have heard they are putting a 20 foot fence around landport and calling it the new lewes prison H.M.P LANDPORT got to admit it has a ring to it

On 12 May 2008 at 6:50pm Latte wrote:
Fatty my hovel is minging, we keep flees as pets and eat the hedgehogs that venture into our overgrown and full of beer cans garden! and we're very proud of it, and when the weathers hot we keep the windows and doors closed to keep the flys in, it's great..

On 12 May 2008 at 6:54pm skinny wrote:
I think Landport has more street cred, we only have mad bot racers on bikes, not those silly yellow cars with no exhausts. Our Landport boys have more money to put exhausts on their bikes and consider the neighbours. Maybe they get more dole money as we are a much higher class and abit more up market, and have a pub to visit. (na na na na na)

On 12 May 2008 at 7:02pm skinny wrote:
You'll have a ring round you if i get my hands on you :-)

On 12 May 2008 at 7:02pm latte wrote:
actually skinny i can't entirely agree with that, although all my kids have all got mopeds and ride around the estate with no helmets or road tax (i'm so proud of them)i think my ford capri is great, i got go faster stripes, sunstrip and i run it off cooking oil, bloody brilliant! You gotta love this estate, wouldn't live anywhere else.

On 12 May 2008 at 7:08pm lopster wrote:
nice try - dork - did that REALLY sound like the outpourings of the one-and-only lopmeister? NO

On 12 May 2008 at 7:28pm Podgy wrote:
You're correct, but they're only putting the fence up to stop Nevill rif raf from moving down here and dragging the estate into the gutter

On 12 May 2008 at 7:32pm skinny wrote:
Well said podgy..............

On 12 May 2008 at 7:36pm latte wrote:
podgy your quite right, i used to live up neville but the greedy gits used to keep all the hedgehogs and flees to themselves! can you believe it!!

On 12 May 2008 at 7:52pm Porky wrote:
They're utter vermin up there

On 13 May 2008 at 8:18am skinny wrote:
I know who you are! Your the one that's even given the flees names. When they have a litter can you pass some to me as mine have grown up and left home.

On 15 May 2008 at 9:31am Lewey from Lewes wrote:
lobster u must be a closet gay

On 5 Apr 2009 at 1:35pm xgeorgiox wrote:
Hey guys!
Been lurking for awhile but I've finally signed up, I'm 24yo from Birmigham in the UK and hopefully can contribute a lot to the forum..
Cya

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Lewes Cathedral 65:143
Lewes Cathedral

And further ER hypocrisy in the Pells this week, with a two-car household demanding that ESCC stop funding climate change.
You... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like All the wide open spaces on the downs
Jojo