Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

New MP - Bonfire friendly?

On 18 May 2015 at 6:21pm Sparkler wrote:
Has Ms Caulfield expressed any opinion on Bonfire? Is she the first practising Catholic elected to Lewes? (n.b. nothing against Catholics per se, I myself was brought up a Catholic) but for obvious reasons some practising Catholics are hostile to the traditions of Bonfire.
On 18 May 2015 at 6:30pm Jean D'Arc wrote:
I'm not a fan of bonfires, I'd like to see them banned. Banfires.
On 18 May 2015 at 7:43pm Pros and cons wrote:
No bonfire =. Pro would guarantee one quite winters evening. Cons , the loss of everything it stands for most of its knockers they won't know about that , also many pubs and resurants would lose thousands , and not just from the one night , all our annual diners , monthly meetings, the bonfire like the pink pound is worth double , and all the fantastic events put on all year round that give locals and visitors to the area so much pleasure , , agreed it is a bit of an inconvenience to some and the long it's only one day bangers all month brigade but look at the big picture , as you guess the pros and cons can be reversed depending which side you are on , me , I'm with the pros on this one , we don't need our MP on side but just hope she's at worst a neutral ,
On 18 May 2015 at 10:27pm Maria Cauliflower wrote:
Croeso a Cymru! Yr wyf yn llwyr gefnogi'r llosgi moch daear, y Democratiaid Rhyddfrydol a'r tlawd.

On 19 May 2015 at 10:59am Poor Badger wrote:
I don't think that's very funny Maria. 'llosgi cymru a'i holl ddefaid'.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Portal 74:132
Lewes Portal

@Dreamer Perhaps the answer to your question why does TP trot out the same old rubbish, repeatedly, without the slightest... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell