frame-src 'self' data:

Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Nevill

On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:31am Nevill: when it was buil wrote:
I was brought up in one of the first houses to be built on the Nevill. I have tried to locate photos of the Nevill during it's construction but have never managed to find any. Anyone seen any?

On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:37am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Did they have cameras then?

On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:41am nevill res wrote:
Of course, 1920's

On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:52am Cameraman wrote:
have you tried in the photography shop near the bottleneck? They have a large archive of old photos of Lewes I believe

On 7 Apr 2011 at 12:24pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Yeah, Reeves definitely have some. I bought my parents an old photo taken from the castle looking out over the paddock towards where Neville is now before it was built from Reeves, they have quite a collection.

On 7 Apr 2011 at 12:48pm Disgusted of Malling wrote:
Thank you

On 7 Apr 2011 at 12:51pm Paul Newman wrote:
I think our next door neighbour `s father worked on its construction , was it really built in the 1920s , that must make it one of the very first new style houses .
I `d have said 30s as the earliest which is still pretty old for that kind of estate ? Only guessing though

On 7 Apr 2011 at 1:26pm Cameraman wrote:
I can remember when the houses on The Gallops were built but that wasn't so long ago in comparison.

On 7 Apr 2011 at 4:28pm bastian wrote:
there is a book by kim clark called lost lewes,pg 60 has aphoto of the nevill in its first stages

On 7 Apr 2011 at 4:50pm Long Johnson wrote:
Have a look at nevillresidentsassociation.weebly.com/old-views.html

On 7 Apr 2011 at 6:54pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
My house was built in 1936, possibly one of the later additions to Nevilland.

On 7 Apr 2011 at 9:36pm Harold wrote:
I think you will find the first buildings were five small houses scattered across the area that is now the estate, I believe they were built by a Mr Beck, one is up a lane behind Northway,also one is in Crossway, not sure about the others, the estate was built by the Ringmer building works if that helps.

On 8 Apr 2011 at 12:09am Webbo wrote:
This is my favourite, it really reminds me of that film Poltergeist for some reason

View the picture »

On 8 Apr 2011 at 8:04am Disgusted of Malling wrote:
many thanks. love the photo webbo

On 8 Apr 2011 at 9:46am Cameraman wrote:
Shame on the Nevill postcards you can't click to view a bigger version. And on the row with Hamsey & Firle Crescent - talk about play spot the difference

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Pipe Passage 98:132
Pipe Passage

She seemed very happy to tell us all about the cycle path in her newsletter of 16 July Sussex. Personally I'm all in favour of... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington