Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Net Migration Figure Up Again

On 29 Aug 2013 at 10:04pm Border Control wrote:
So the latest figures reveal what we already knew !

Check it out here »
On 29 Aug 2013 at 10:06pm The Old Mayor wrote:
Australia is looking very attractive to us !!
On 29 Aug 2013 at 10:56pm Clifford wrote:
The Old Mayor, do you mean you don't like immigrants here but you wouldn't mind being an immigrant in Australia? You see the problem, don't you?

On 29 Aug 2013 at 11:06pm The Old Mayor wrote:
The attractive aspect of Australia is they have SPACE !! Something which is very limited here for the whole of Europe, plus Comonwealth countries and who ever else thinks its a land of milk and honey. (Cos, actually, it ain't !) and what's more someone's got to leave.

On 29 Aug 2013 at 11:35pm Gasland 2 wrote:
Apparently the gov't has a cunning plan to make the place less attractive to immigrants by fracking the living sh#t out of the country and poisoning all our water and air.Simples!
On 29 Aug 2013 at 11:37pm D Cameron wrote:
Immigrants are an essential ingredient to keeping our unemployment levels as high as possible. If there were no immigration there would be less competition for jobs, leading to a degree of job security and possibly some social mobility, and you know what that means – less of a gap between the rich and poor. Is that really what you want?
Immigrants keep our wonderful capitalist economy rolling. By all means go ahead and hate them if you want to, in fact its best you project all your current frustrations with the economy on them instead of us rich folk, but we won’t be stopping them coming.
On 30 Aug 2013 at 9:57am padster wrote:
where is that "person" who likes to put anyone who talks immigration into their place in that condescending your / your're way??? Or really he prefers only to berate me.....it's not the issue it's the person. must of showed you up once.....
Where are you now?
On 30 Aug 2013 at 2:06pm Robert Tressell wrote:
I'm still here Padster .The poster before you a certain D.Cameron not the P.M obviously puts my position rather well when he says"By all means hate them if you want to.in fact it's best that you project all your current frustrations with the economy on them instead of us rich folk"
That was the point I was making ,don't blame the poor buggers for trying to earn a living, the real parasites in our country are the small group of super rich that exploit the rest of us.Those are the bleeders that we should be chucking out. By buying into this anti immigrant narrative you are following the script written for you by our rulers who are trying to direct attention away from themselves.Being little more than servants ourselves to this parasitic clique we are little better than t he poor b@stards that come here.My sympathy is with them,we have more in common with them them than our ruling class. That in a nutshell is why I maintain that this whole emphasis is on immigration is somewhat misguided.
If you really want to change things for the better in this country for ordinary working people then overthrow your masters.

On 30 Aug 2013 at 8:21pm padster wrote:
I think that what many of you have said before is true.
sadly we live in rich world v poor world. if everyone wants to come to rich world , poor world will suffer. If the gap between rich and poor could extend to regions nation states then immigration would be the type people want to take not be forced to take. That's my utopia.

On 31 Aug 2013 at 11:51am Robert Noonan wrote:
Robert Tressel a..k.a.Robert Noonan .Dublin born author of "The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists"

Check it out here »

On 1 Sep 2013 at 9:58am padster wrote:
I've read the book.
On 2 Sep 2013 at 7:04pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Net migration has risen because fewer Brits are leaving the country, not because more people are moving here from abroad but don't let the facts get in the way of a nice bit of bigotry eh?

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Infernal reflections 46:132
Infernal reflections

Perhaps it's for the best - we've got a climate hub and look what weather they're coming up with. Still, cold is the new warm if... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine