Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

National newspaper attention

On 13 Dec 2011 at 2:16pm Castle Gate wrote:
Lovely stock shot of a randomly-chosen Post Office to illustrate a story in the Telegraph newspaper today. See link below...

Check it out here »

On 13 Dec 2011 at 2:53pm padster wrote:
I love an orderly well mannered queue. i noted this as i drove past yesterday at about the same time. this is even more stark as i have just returned from india, queuing there not been invented yet, each to their own , just an observation not a judgement.

On 13 Dec 2011 at 4:08pm Extra wrote:
To promote better queuing why don't bus stop totems carry the wording
'queue this side' and 'queue other side' anymore? Perhaps it's another matter for Norman's department. Great picture.
On 13 Dec 2011 at 4:59pm Ed Can Do wrote:
I did wonder why the queue was so long yesterday as I went past. Then again, I was in Ringmer post office last week (Easy to park outside and far quieter than Lewes) and there was a fair old queue as someone had called in sick and I was amazed by at least three rather older people in front of me in the queue who were just there to check the balance of their accounts and withdraw a small amount of cash. Has nobody told them you can do both these things from a cash point these days? I guess that being elderly they had nothing better to do and at least they're out of the house when they're queuing at the Post Office but it did seem a rather silly thing to do to me.
On 13 Dec 2011 at 6:45pm dingo wrote:
May you stay for ever young, Ed Can Do you ageist prat.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes inferno 69:132
Lewes inferno

I'm grateful for Nevillman starting this discussion and being so generous as to refer back to me. My delay in saying anything... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the Walking to Mount Caburn at the weekend, Lounging about in Southover Grange Gardens eating strawberry ice cream in summertime, Proms in the Paddock, wicked night
A Kane